6 days till christmas

Elena and Stefan had woke up from last night but they were still laying in bed. Elena went to get up however Stefan pulled her back into bed.

"Stefan were late for school"

"Let's be later."

"Stefan it's school, remember that thing we keep forgetting about?"

Stefan grabs her.

"Hey!"

"School? Doesn't ring a bell "

"Stefan! Stefan! Ok five minutes! Oh my god five minutes" Elena gave in.

"Five minutes!" Stefan said with a cheecky grin on his face.

Stefan picks Elena up and carries her to the bed.

" Oh Mr Salvatore you do know how to make me stay. I hate to ruin this moment but..."

"I know School." Stefan sighed.

They both got dressed and Stefan drove them both to school. In the car they talked about how they can't wait to spend their first christmas together and go to Elena's adoptive parents family cabin for the night. Stefan was really nervous, he was worried about Elena being the owner of the cabin and the secret he has been keeping and also the question he wants to ask.

"Have a good day beautiful."

"You too Handsome, pick me up from my house at 5:30 and we can have dinner and get going. We have quite a journey tonight."

"Ok. See you later. "

They both give each other a lingering kiss and went to class.

Elena enters the history room.

"Hi rick". Elena waves.

"Miss Gilbert in class its Mr Saltzman"

"Sorry." Elena mouthed to Alaric.

Alaric started to teach his history class and out of the corner of his eyes saw Elena staringinto space not concentrating on the class so he asked her a question not about the lesson he was teaching.

"Elena, how many people lost their homes in the geographical volcano eruption in pompey?"

"Sorry Ric, I mean Mr Saltzman I'm not sure, I have never been taught that in history before."

"Elena that because it isn't a historical question it is a geography question. Next time Miss Gilbert pay attention." He said with a stern voice. "Back to the lesson about world was one. Open your text books to page 5 please."

Everyone opened their textbooks, read the passage given, answered the questions than the bell rang.

"Elena could you stay behind please." Alaric asked kindly. "I know your still grieving about your adoptive parents and telling Jeremy but you need to concentrate in class if you want to graduate this year. Do you understand?"

"Yes Ric!"

They both exited the class and went their seperate ways. Elena walked up to Caroline and Bonnie.

"How's everyones heads today they all asked each other at the same time."

"Mine is ok i'm just thinking about how messy my life is at the minute." Elena told the group.

"Noo we meant your head from the alcohol last night silly." Bonnie and Caroline said in sync.

" Oh thats what you mean, yes my head is fine Stefan made it all better. I best get home he is picking me up at six. Hope you both have a good Christmas and I will see you in a week."

"Have fun!" Both the girls said.

"I will!" replied Elena

Elena went home and went to start packing. When she walked through the door Alaric was there holding the baby while Jenna did the dinner.

"Jenna me and Stefan are going out to eat than we will hit the road."

"Ok Elena that's fine. You should go start packing."

Elena went upstairs and packed than Stefan texted her that he was outside. She replied to him and said he should come in but he wanted to stay outside.

Elena said goodbye to everyone and they started to drive for the family cabin.

When they got to the cabin Elena and Stefan start to get their bags out of the car.

"Stefan have we got everything out of the car?"

Stefan nods his head yes

Elena opens the door to the cabin and Stefan just waits to be invited in.

"Stefan why are you just standing there? Come in"

"Sorry about that was just thinking."

"What about?" Elena asked intreguly.

"Thats a suprise." Stefan teased.

They finished unpacking their suitcase and went to bed.