"Oh my god, Nix you are literally insane." I laughed over his singing or more like high pitch screaming. It was the first time I ever called him his nickname and it definitely felt more natural.

We drove like this for about 45 minutes until the highway exit we needed to take was visible.

I gave him instructions and we were soon enough down the road.

"Ok listen." I said turning towards him in my seat. "My mother and my sister, if she's home, are really nice and polite, my mother is a little snobby sometimes but she still has good intentions. But my dad is well, an asshole." I explained.

Phoenix nodded along. "Ok got it. Nice sister, nice mom who's sometimes snobish and evil dad." He said back.

"Just about." I sighed to myself.

We continued to drive down the road and there was a few other old large Victorian houses that were filled with childhood friends of Ellie and mine.

We finally pulled up to the last house in the circle and I seen my parents cars parked outside, letting me know they were home.

I took a deep breath and got out and I heard Phoenix's door close after mine and he whistled. "Some house you got here." He remarked.

I didn't reply and walked up the driveway to the door  and rang it twice.

Phoenix stood behind me and I nervously jumped from foot to foot. When no one answered immediately I rang the doorbell twice more.

"Oh my god if you could hold on for like a seco- MIA!" My sister Ellie exclaimed ripping open the door and jumping on me in a hug.

She had her brown hair in a high ponytail and was wearing a light grey oversized sweater with yoga pants and slipper socks.

"Ellie, who's at the door?" I heard my mothers voice echo through the house.

Ellie squealed and grabbed my hand leading me in and Phoenix followed beside me.

She lead me to the kitchen where my mom was copping a chicken breast. She looked up and ran to engulf me in a hug.

My mom looked just like Ellie and I. The only difference was her skin tone was a few shaded tanner. She was wearing a white thermal long sleeve with plaid pajama pants.

"Mia honey I've missed you so much. You need to call and visit way more often. Who's this?" She cut her self off to look at Phoenix.

She gave me a sly smile and went up to him and engulfed him in a hug."I'm Evangelina, but call me Eva."

"Nice to meet you M'am , I'm Phoenix." He politely greeted her glancing at me briefly.

"How did you know Mia? Is she like in trouble or something?" Ellie piped up while slipping a cheese it in her mouth.

"Oh , no not all, we're friends?" He said looking at me to help him explain.

"Oooo friends." Ellie said making him blush slightly and shot her a look to shut up.

My mom turned around and gave me a wink, making it my turn to blush.

"We're just friends El." I told my sister taking the box out her hands and shoving a few into my own mouth.

She was just about to reply when my father came down the stairs wearing a black button up with black slacks.

"Amelia." He said gritting his teeth when he saw me, making everyone in the room stop what their doing. "What the hell did you do to your arm." He said slowly while gesturing to my cast.

I'm 100% my mom and sister seen my cast when I came in but neither of them questioned it.

I struggled as nonchalantly as possible."It was an accident, I fell."

He took a few more steps towards me and leaned against a nearby counter. "Accidents in the surgeon world don't exist Amelia. You need to mature and start thinking about the future a lot more than you already do or you won't make it."He chastised me.

My sister rolled her eyes and I wished I had her guts. I want to be a surgeon but I don't need my father to constantly tell me how I'm failing.

"And you are?" He turned to Phoenix. He was about to answer but my mother jumped in, obviously feeling bad about her husbands attitude.

"Dan, This is Mia's friend Phoenix." She introduced him.

"He can talk Evangelina. Can't you?" He seethed at Phoenix cutting my mom off.

I wanted to yell at him for talking to my mother and Phoenix like that, but I knew from experience that wouldn't help anything.

"Yes I can. My name is Phoenix Adams." Phoenix said standing tall against my father making me mentally cheer for him.

The tension was thick in the room and everyone was quite not sure on what to say.

"Well! Moms making dinner , and I take it you guys are probably staying the night?" Ellie questioned.

"Yeah we are." I replied looking at Phoenix and he nodded saying it was ok.

"Ok then, Mia you can borrow some of my comfortable clothes and you too Phoenix, I bet your dying to get out of that uniform, my ex boyfriend left some sweats over." She said leading us up the stairs.

This will be an interesting night.

------
Question: should I make chapters longer?
Exciting things coming up in here !