Ashton looked at him in concern. He could see the fear in his brown eyes and how they were welling up in small tears.

"Calum stop being stupid and just tell me," Charlie snapped and not a minute later, Calum rushed out of the dining room looking as though he was going to puke.

Charlie sighed and put her head in her hands.

"I think we should wash the dishes," Jennifer offered taking the rest of the kids out of the room, sensing that something was wrong.

Once the kids were out Ashton dropped his fork with a bang.

"You just couldn't approach the topic gently could you?" He spat

"Approach gently? Why should I do that? He left three days without telling us or contacting us and suddenly I'm the bad guy for wanting to know what's happening to my son?"

"Calling him stupid didn't solve the problem either!" Ashton snapped

"Well he's acting stupid," Charlie said

"Can't you see that whatever this is, whatever he needs to tell us is bothering him? It must be something big otherwise he wouldn't keep it a secret for so long," Ashton said but Charlie ignored him. She called for Calum to come back into the room and Ashton rolled his eyes.

Why did he marry someone so impatient and non-understanding?

Calum came in with red eyes from crying and his fists clenching and unclenching in a relaxation technique.

"Calum, just tell us or do I have to beat it out of you?" Carlie snapped and Ashton looked at her in disbelief.

''Can I have more time? I promise it'll all add up when I tell you," Calum asked softly.

"Tell us what?!" His mother yelled at him. Calum really wished he could just come right out and say it, just admit it and feel his shoulders get lighter but now wasn't the right time.

Even if it was, it's like he had no control over his body. His mouth couldn't open and even utter those words.

"Calum it's okay, tell us when you're ready," Ashton said comforting. He's not mad at Calum for running away anymore. Just disappointed and more so worried about what's keeping him so on edge.

"Ashton I can't believe you," Charlie said and Ashton winced.

He wondered if Luke had such a shrill voice when he was angry?

"Look, he's upset and promises to tell us. What more do you want?" Ashton asked

"The truth," she said

"Calum, you were at Luke's weren't you?" She asked

"No, I wasn't,"

"I don't believe you. Luke is a bad influence, I just knew it. I mean, what mother lets their 16 year old son pierce his lips anyways?" Charlie said

"Are you judging someone by their looks? You of all people shouldn't do that. What're you teaching the kids?" Ashton asked in disbelief.

"All I'm saying is that I don't want to see you anywhere near Luke, am I understood?" Charlie said and Calum went to protest but decided to not push his luck.

Ashton on the other hand wanted to defend Luke in so many ways, saying that his gem was the sweetest person he knew but he didn't.

He just shut his mouth and ate his dinner in silence because the last thing he needs now was Charlie getting suspicious.

=•=

Charlie was at work and the other kids were out and about, only Jennifer and Calum being home.

Jenny was in her room and Calum was  watching television with his dad when the doorbell rung

"I'll get it," Ashton said getting up.

He opened the door and saw Luke on the other side in super tight black skinny jeans and a plain white shirt.

"It's like 100 degrees outside and you're in black," Ashton said letting him in.

"I think I look hotter in black," Luke said kissing his dream's cheek.

"No angel, you'd look just as hot dressed as the rainbow," Ashton said pulling Luke in for a sweet and short kiss.

Luke's lip felt surprisingly soft against Ashton's but all round made Ashton tingle with fireworks that he didn't feel in a long time.

Ayeeeee they finally kissed!!

Are you excited? Lashton only picks up from here.

And that rolling stone article was wooooooooooww like okay Luke Hemmings you go and screw four or five girls at the same time. Lol

And I liked how arzaylea spoke up against it. She went one up in my book : )

Byyyeeeee 💕

Best Friend's FatherOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara