Chapter 1: The Monotonous Mystery

"Right here, ma'am." The old fashioned carriage slowly halted. And the driver scurried out and opened the door. A girl stepped out; she had long pink hair that fell to her mid-back, and dull blue eyes. They held no emotion, and she gave the place a quick inspection, glancing around the front yard to the castle. "You may search the place to your pleasure." She obliged with a silent nod, not the politest girl. She looked no older than fourteen, maybe even fifteen. She was immediately drawn to the kitchen window like a magnet, kneeling down. There was a wilted flower crown placed here, and the emotionless girl found it quite a strange placement.
"Show me to the one you follow." She ordered quietly, but the driver got the message. He scrambled into the castle, obviously frightened by the little girl. In his absence, she gently picked up the wilted flowers. "Almost like my personality..." She felt her lips twitch upwards at her own humor, but she knew it was the truth. Since age seven she's been like that, and no one knew why. Except for herself, of course.
"She's here, ma'am." The pink haired girl quickly stood up, trying to drop the flowers in time so no one would get suspicious on why she was intrigued by dead flowers.
"I see you're interesting in my old flower crown, there." She looked up, seeing the Princess. She was wearing a white dress, and her long teal hair was tied into two neat twin tails. The princess smiled at the girl in greeting, with nothing in return.
"I was wondering why wilted flowers were tied into a crown and abandoned. Usually flowers don't twine themselves." Her voice was completely monotone with this statement; it was void of emotion completely.
"You've got humor, despite your rather cold atmosphere." The smaller girl pointed out, stepping closer. "I'm Miku Hatsune, in case you didn't know." A small hand of a child was held out.
"I'm Luka... Luka Megurine." The older hesitantly shook the Princess's hand, shaking it gently before curtsying. "I hope I can serve you well, Princess." When she looked back up, Miku's eyes were piercing through Luka's emotionless ones, and she was frowning.
"Tell me, why are you so... Hidden? I see nothing in your eyes..."
"Showing emotion is showing weakness, your highness." Was all she responded with, before looking to the carriage driver. "Show me to my room now, would you?"
"R-right away!"

Voca A/N: I made Luka a lot like Levi, from AoT... Jeez, whoOPS. Oh well, we all like extreme tsunderes every now and then, right? :3

Sorry for short chapters.... It'll get better, I promise!!!