Balby It's Cold Outside

(Happy holidays! Just in time for the holidays we have a fanfic of the two death gods to the song of Baby it's cold outside! The song has a few changes to fit these deities but I hope you'll enjoy!)  

"Oh Xibalba stop it! You're going to drive me mad!" A voice shrieked, followed by the deep chuckling of her partner.

"Then you know how I feel mi amour." A voice replied teasingly. Within the gloomy kingdom of the Land of the Forgotten within the Lord's personal chambers lay two gods. Xibalba continued to tease his dear wife, causing her to squirm and try to get away from his prying fingers. However it was no good as they were cuddled close. La Muerte laughed giddily as he pressed his lips to her neck, tongue tasting sweet sugar. Beside the dark sofa where they lay was a fire, green flames lapping hungrily at the bones that fueled it, letting shadows dance across the walls, along with the two deities. But suddenly to Xibalba's surprise La Muerte pushed him off her and stood up, putting herself back into order. Xibalba stood,

"What is it mi amor? Weren't you enjoying it?" he asked, wrapping his wings around her. She smiled and stroked his tar cheek, running her fingers through his snow white goatee. His strong wings began to quiver as she let her hand travel down his neck and chest. His armor had come off since much to his frustration; it had helped her stay farther away. His chest much to her surprise was rather strong beneath a thin black tunic, but then again it wasn't the first time she'd seen him without his armor, it had just been so long she'd nearly forgotten. However he had now reminded her there was quite a lot more to him than what appeared. The goddess kissed his nose and whispered,

"I was Balby but I have matters to attend to in the Land of the Remembered so I must go." He watched in disappointment as she began to put the marigolds back into her hair. Xibalba had hoped to spend all day and night with her. Being away from her just drove him crazy. In this desolate wasteland her smile, laugh and blush were the only things that kept him from utter depression. La Muerte, the spirited, the lovely, the astounding seemed to bring a light of her own to the Land of the Forgotten. But he swiftly took her hand, kissing it lightly.

"Mi amor, I don't see anything wrong with you staying here a little longer. Besides for you to get out of my lands means quite a lot of hassle. It is much too cold and dark out there to leave right now." He said smoothly, letting his warm breath tickle her ear. She gave him a look, going to pick up her hat.

"I really can't stay..." she began but his voice interrupted.

"But darling it's cold outside." La Muerte began to settle her large hat upon her head when his spindly fingers undid one of the marigolds from her locks.

"I've got to go away..." She started but once again Xibalba interrupted her.

"Mi amor it's cold outside." Throwing him a look of mock irritation she picked up the fallen flower she rolled her eyes, easing the blossom back into place.

"This evening has been..." La Muerte smiled but swiftly Xibalba had his arms around her from behind, purring against her ear.

"Still hoping you'll stay."

"So very nice." She finished, fiddling with her large sombrero. Her husband took her hands and brought them to his lips, smiling teasingly.

"I'll hold your hands, their just like ice." He observed, kissing her knuckles. La Muerte eased her hands from his,

"The souls are my biggest worry..." She admitted, but he managed to keep her in his grasp, reaching to run his hands up her arms.

"Mi amor what's your hurry?" Xibalba cooed, the sweet scent of her hair making his senses foggy with delight.

"You seem to have some plans in store." La Muerte teased. The god chuckled and guided her to the sofa,

"Listen to the fireplace roar." He said enticingly, wagging his eyebrows at her. La Muerte giggled and blushed, pushing his hands away.

"Balby I really should scurry..." She tried, only to earn a gleeful grin of determination from her husband.

"Mi amor please don't hurry." He cried, causing her to pause, and smile back at him.

"Maybe just a little drink more." La Muerte sighed, earning a flourished bow from Xibalba as he snapped his fingers, making a bottle of wine and two ebony glasses to appear in his hands.

"Take a seat my love as I pour." He purred; voice as smooth and sweet as the beverage. She began to sit down, taking the goblet as he drank from his own. While the goddess swished the liquid in her goblet her husband settled himself next to her. When she had finished her drink and before she could grow accustomed to the comfort he provided she began to stand.

"I'm going I think..." Xibalba, quick to respond interjected.

"Darling, it's bad out there." To help prove his point he made a gesture behind his back, causing a harsh boom of thunder the crash outside, making his wife jump slightly and slip back beside him, glancing down at her cup suspiciously.

"Say what's in this drink?" La Muerte inquired, knowing her husband was not the most honest of men. Could he possibly have put something to make her too sleepy to leave? She certainly wouldn't put it past him. Xibalba smirked, obviously avoiding the question and leaned to kiss her cheek,

"It's snowing in pounds out there." He warned, however she quickly dodged his kiss and stood beside the fire, sighing softly to herself.

"I wish I knew how..." She murmured wistfully, only to feel Xibalba's gloved hands in hers.

"Your eyes glow like stars love." He whispered, kissing her forehead gingerly in a small show of affection. A giggle escaped her lips.

"To break this spell." She laughed, feeling his hands begin to tug off her hat and touch her long raven locks.

"I'll take your hat, your hair looks swell." He admired, twisting a strand through his fingers. La Muerte disappeared, only to reappear by the door of his chambers, laying a hand on the knob.

"I ought to say no, no, no..." Xibalba grinned, he loved when she played hard to get. It only made the chase more fun.

"Mind if I move in closer?" He teased, pressing himself closer only for La Muerte's eyes to flare and shove him away.

"At least I'm going to say that I tried..." The god nuzzled her cheek,

"What's the sense in hurting my pride?" He pouted, making her giggle, feeling her resistance crumbling. With one last attempt at refusal she replied.

"I really can't stay..." Knowing it was her final resistance he took her hand and spun her into his embrace, saying with honesty and love.

"Mi amor, don't leave." He murmured against the cup of her ear. La Muerte softened against him and ran her fingers threw his goatee, causing his tongue to stop functioning as he melted into her touch, eyes drooping in delight.

"Ah but it's cold outside?" She said playfully, making her voice smooth and honeyed, turning him to putty in her hands. He never could resist her voice and touch. His wings were pressed against his frame so her other hand ran up the strong frame of one wing. She stroked each feather lovingly, causing his wings to quiver and a moan to leave his mouth, the once powerful god was practically upon his knees before his wife. La Muerte then said sweetly.

"Oh Balby it's cold outside." The goddess then sat down on the sofa again and Xibalba eagerly sat beside her. She laid her head against his shoulder, her body against his. "Maybe I'll stay a little longer. Is that alright Balby?" she whispered dreamily. Xibalba grinned,

                   "Of course mi amor, you're welcomed to stay as long as you please."