Broken Pottery

(Update!!!Here's the latest of La Muerte and Xibalba's antics! Including Candlemaker! Enjoy!)

Xibalba was talking to Candlemaker, both walking to La Muerte's chambers for a special meeting between the three immortals. She had promised snacks and both were eager to see what she'd make, hopefully one of her famous Tres Leches cake, a rare treat from the busy goddess. However once at her door they paused, finding a note on the door. Xibalba picked it up and read it aloud.

"Gone to tend to an emergency and finish snacks, don't start without me. Be back soon, La Muerte. P.S. Xibalba don't go scare souls while you wait and neither of you go to my kitchen and start wandering." Xibalba sniffed, insulted she'd think he'd run off to scare the dead when they were here for a meeting. Candlemaker shrugged.

"Guess we're waitin' out here for a little Z." Xibalba tried the door and found it open. He gave a chuckle.

"I think I'd rather wait inside, she wouldn't want us to waste time out here. Besides, her bed is the softest thing ever, I mean it. And after a whole six months not spending time in it I think I'll get comfy." Candlemaker shook his head, watching Xibalba begin to go in.

"Naw I don't think we should do that man, I mean, it's her private room." Xibalba waved a spindly hand, giving a smirk.

"Its fine, whenever I'm here she practically lets me live in this room, she won't mind." Candlemaker tried again, knowing this would only result in bad things.

"But it ain't right; besides, the note never said we could go inside." Xibalba narrowed his ruby eyes, a sly smile on his lips.

"Ah, but it never said we couldn't now hm? She told us to stay out of trouble and if we stay in the room we won't go about wandering. Come on." Xibalba urged. The waxy diety shook his head, giving a sigh.

"If we get in trouble I'm pinning this one on you." Xibalba fluffed his wings.

"Do you know who I am? I'm the king of loopholes; she won't be able to argue with reason. Besides, it's not like we're going to steal anything." Candlemaker knew he wasn't going to get through that thick head Xibalba had so he followed the death god into his wife's room, finding red everywhere. A large queen sized bed against the wall to the left with a happy Xibalba sprawled across it, half asleep from the airy feeling beneath his frame. There was a beau of deep cherry wood as well as a vanity with small bottles and a large mirror rimmed in golden marigolds. A wardrobe dominated the area across from the bed, shut tight with paintings of flowers upon it. Warm red carpet was upon the floor and the walls were a soft red, not too strong. Noting that red was apparently her favorite color Candlemaker felt his eyes drawn to a very old looking vase holding many different flowers. It was a beautiful red, curved gently to perfection with exotic patterns on all sides. Examining it closely he inquired to Xibalba.

"Hey Z, do you know what this is? I gotta feeling I know who made it." Xibalba glanced up, blinking blearily before shrugging.

"Don't call me that, and yes I know what it is. She told me it was some sort of Aztec vase made from some sort of special earth blah, blah, blah. I wasn't paying very much attention because of what we were doing." Candlemaker felt his eyebrow arch.

"And what were you doin'?" Xibalba smiled dreamily.

"Just messing about, nothing serious but her fingers grew rather playful with my mustache and then it became a little hard to think." Candlemaker took another look before shaking his head.

"Well I can't place it, I don't know why. Maybe the Book knows. Hey Z, toss it over here?" Candlemaker asked, still looking at the vase. Xibalba rolled his eyes and tossed the Book of Life. However his aim was off and instead hit Candlemaker in the head, jerking him forwards and knocking over the vase. Both stood stiff at the sound of the crash. Xibalba and Candlemaker looked over the damage, giving each other a guilty look before back to the destruction. The vase had broken into many shards, the flowers spilled out among the pieces but no water since La Muerte kept them alive with magic. Candlemaker mumbled. "You're going to get it now Z, she'll kill ya." Xibalba made an indignant sound before yelping.