Bad 4

This chapter is also quite short...yeah. Jeremy's in this chapter though so I suppose that makes up for it!

...

Tyler’s been sitting in the office for a total of 10 minutes and no-one has even so much as looked at him which is fine because he’s here for a reason and it has nothing to do with his poor conduct in the classroom. Caroline has just sent him a head’s up lover boy, and he’s about to chuckle when the door opens and he’s walking in.

Jeremy in all his gorgeous, messy hair, shy smile, big brown eyed glory—Fuck, he’s an absolute miracle.

The younger boy doesn’t seem to notice him because he doesn’t stop or look or even acknowledge him when he walks to the secretary’s desk. He’s leaning over it talking to her in a way that makes Tyler’s mouth water because Christ he’s equally as gorgeous from behind, but Tyler knew that, he’s always been a fan of Jeremy’s backside.

His heart stutters in his chest as Jeremy laughs with the secretary because nothing should sound that heavenly and Tyler’s totally not starting to think about how other things would sound from Jeremy’s perfect pink lips. He also isn’t staring, really he’s not. But then Jeremy’s turning around and Tyler doesn’t miss the rapid flicker of emotion over Jeremy’s face as he sees Tyler sitting there. He catches himself about to smile but bad boys don’t smile so he doesn’t because he’s a bad, bad boy.

They stare at each other for what’s probably a few seconds too long but Tyler can’t tear his eyes away from that face. He knew this was going to be hard and he really wished he had flicked his glasses down while Jeremy wasn’t facing him because they he could hide his gawking. Jeremy shifts on his feet as he shoves his hands in his pockets and clears his throat.

“Hey,” Jeremy says and dammit that’s the voice Tyler dreams about but what’s worse is that it’s talking, fucking talking to him.

He nearly breaks and starts babbling like the love sick moron he is but somehow contains it and settles for a simple jerk of his head that to Tyler is one part I’m a badass and 99 parts I don’t trust my voice when you’re this close to me.

Jeremy looks like he wants to say something else but Tyler doesn’t give him the chance because he’s up and out of his seat leaving the office without a second glance. It feels like he can actually breathe again once he’s out in the hallway and he’s hoping against hope that Caroline was right about the whole make him chase you thing. He’s doubting himself though as stands alone in the middle of the hallways, he starts wringing his hands together and he’s about to turn around and apologize for blowing Jeremy off like a dick when he hears footsteps behind him, God, please let it be Jeremy.

Tyler starts walking again not waiting for whoever is following him, slips his glasses to his eyes and hands in his pockets and pushes through the doors, outside to the side of the courtyard with the benches and picnic tables.

He settles himself at one of the benches and doesn’t look up when Jeremy stops in front of him. It’s a small victory to Tyler when he manages to stay calm as Jeremy sits down next to him and then doesn’t flinch as he takes the cigarette from Jeremy’s fingers as he offers it to him. He’s not sure if this is in that plan of Caroline’s, skipping class with the boy he’s in love with, sharing a cigarette with the boy he’s in love with…he hopes it is because he wouldn’t be able to tear himself away from this moment even if he tried.