twenty five: eight months

^ vine acc to the side/above if ur interested. I'm pretty active there :3

twenty five

"Dude, c'mon! The sun is shining, the birds are chirping!" Luke urged Michael on, handing him a cup of coffee. Michael only grunted, looking at his work with tired eyes.

He leaned back on his chair, taking a sip of his beverage before looking down at his carpet, where Luke now sat cross-legged.

Luke was still a child by heart.

The older man rolled his eyes, sighing, "Fine. What do you wanna do?"

"Take a walk," Luke answered simply.

It didn't take long for the two boys to get out of the door. "This is not a date," Michael reminded Luke.

"Ew, no. I know," the blonde laughed, taking Michael's hand, pulling him out of the parking lot.

They got on a bus that was going to the suburban areas, Michael didn't question it.

The two walked for a long time until Luke was walking up a driveway, to which Michael immediately let go of his hand.

"Who's house is this?" he called up to Luke who was amusingly looking at him. The blonde shrugged his shoulders.

Michael frowned and followed him up anyway. He knew it wasn't Luke's house, obviously.

Once Luke pressed the doorbell, a sinking feeling erupted in Michael's stomach and he looked at Luke with wide eyes, asking again, "Who's house is this?"

The answer came to the front door a few seconds later and Michael wanted to pass out.

"Luke? What are you doing here?"

Calum's eyes watered and he had to force himself to not set his eyes on the older man also in front of him.

"Just visiting," the blonde shrugged.

There was a long and awkward pause, and Calum decided to see how Michael was doing. The older man hung his head low, looking down at his boots.

He looked tired.

"It's been eight months," Calum's voice cracked as he slammed the front door shut, immediately running up the stairs to his bedroom.

He had homework to finish, and he wasn't going to let anyone bother him.

Just as he was finally, somewhat getting over Michael, he just prances back into his life like that.

Michael did look as broken as what Calum felt, though.

The younger boy sighed, trying to focus on his work again. He was in his last year of school and he was planning on getting good grades.

    Hopefully his teacher wouldn't mind the small tear stains on his essay. His pen whizzed across his paper as he wrote down word after word.

   God, he still wanted Michael.

   Meanwhile, both Luke and Michael were making their way back to the older man's apartment, silence between them.

Michael was left speechless. He hadn't seen Calum in eight months. He looked so different to the older man.

Calum's face matured, his hair grew a bit longer and he trimmed the sides shorter. He can't believe he missed out on witnessing those changes.

He dug his face into his hands, tears threatening to escape his dull green eyes. Feeling a hand being softly placed on his back, his tensed muscles relaxed.

The blonde's small hand traced his back in a comforting way. With a loud sigh, Michael raised his head from the hands and rested it against the headrest of the bus seat.

His eyes were closed, but Luke could see a single tear on his cheek. He used the pad of his thumb to wipe it away.

"I just wanted to get you two back together." Luke whispered, words filled with guilt.

No reply. Michael only sniffed and lolled his head to face away from Luke.

"Well now we know he doesn't want me back."

   Little did he know, that's all Calum could ask for in the world. To say the least, the younger boy regretted slamming the door in their faces.

   He regretted not pulling Michael in and connecting their lips immediately.

   He regretted going out to the club in the first place. That is what started all of this shit. And now he's all alone.

Even Luke chose Michael over him.

+

"Ah f-fuck," Michael gripped onto Luke's hips, helping him down onto him. The only thing heard was Luke's skin slapping against Michael's and the blonde's small whimpers as he rose up and slammed back down again.

Michael groaned loudly, throwing his head back as he released into the blonde. Luke continued bouncing up and down, his chest soon colliding with the older man's after he came down from his own high.

Soon, Michael felt a soft pair of lips on his forehead and he snuggled deeper into his covers. He heard rustling and his bedroom door closing.

   His eyes opened slightly, and he saw the small raindrops hitting against his bedroom window.

   Is this how he's going to be living for the rest of his life? Fùcking Luke until he found someone even half as good as Calum?

   His legs swung over the edge of his bed and he sat up, wondering what he should do before the sun sat beyond the horizon.

   His eyes caught the large box of polaroids that Calum gave him, making him smile sadly at it. Approaching it, he open the box and picked a few up, eyes skimming them.

   The box was tipped over, making all the pictures fall to his wooden floor. He grabbed the comforter from his bed, wrapping it around his body as he sat on the floor with his legs crossed.

   He spent the next two hours looking at all of them. Looking at some of them for full minutes and some only for a few seconds.

   Either way, he went through them all.

   His heart begged and pleaded all this time. And only now he listened to it. His heart wanted- no, needed Calum back.

-
A/n: YOU GUYS ARE GONNA EITHER LOVE OR HATE ME FOR THE ENDING OF THIS STORY

It's the last day of 2015 and i lITERALLY achieved SO LITTLE LMAO

Please check out my new 'tags & rants' book, I posted my first tag there. But rants will be coming soon and most of them will be 5sos related and hopefully you'll enjoy them and agree with them!

I'm pokemom from now on k, like pokemon but mom too. Just. Yeah. And u all are my pokebabies.
Xo,
Pokemom
Vote&comment!