1

Nicki POV

"Shit is so crazy Rere." I said to my bestfriend eating bbq chicken.

"What's crazy?" She said laughing.

"Nah it ain't even funny like..ever since me and meek broke up it ain't been the same. I haven't moved on. But he has. With that bitch Tiara." I said sipping my drink.

"Damn! That's crazy as fuck! Y'all only been broken up for like 3 weeks and he moved on? Woooow." She said sitting back putting one leg over the other eating her fries.

"I know. And the fact that I have to work with him only makes it worse." I said picking up a fry.

"Just avoid him. Like don't make eye contact. Let him beg for you. And I wanted to ask you..why did y'all break up?" She said and I stopped eating getting choked up.

"Um..well..we had a big petty argument." I said keeping it simple.

"That's every relationship though. That shouldn't have caused a break up." She said and I cleared my throat.

"Let's just say the fight got terrible. To the point where we didn't want to see each other, didn't want to be in each other's vision." I said hoping she wouldn't ask anymore.

"Cookie. Your still not telling me what caused that!" She said and I sighed.

"Ugh. Ok, so we was at our house..and we found our old boxes from high school. We opened them and saw both our exes notes and pictures. We both were blushing at the pictures and shit and we caught each other. So I asked him does he still love her..and he hesitated. He asked me the same and I hesitated. Then we started yelling at each other over the pettiest shit."

"Like.." She said and I laughed.

"You talk to damn much. I gotta go to work." I said cleaning my hands with a napkin, getting up pulling down my black fitted dress.

"Ok love you. Remember cookie..don't fall so hard." She said and I giggled blowing her a kiss.

----

I walked into the office avoiding meek. I could feel him staring a hole through my body as I walked to my cubby to get my papers for the day.

I sat down and took a pin out my cup clicking it.

"Can I help you?" I said looking at meek with a serious facial expression.

"Nah. I can't look?" He said and I screwed my face up.

"No. You have a girlfriend to look at." I said looking down at the papers I was grading.

"That's what this all about?" He said and I ignored him.

He sighed and started to grade his papers. I was a assistant teacher for his classroom. He was the main. My desk was in the back of he classroom and his was in the front. We taught a 1st grade class and they were at recess.

I pulled my phone out getting bored. I received a text message and read it and blushed .

"What you smiling at?" Meek asked and I rolled my eyes.

"Why you always worried bout me." I said and he shook his head.

"Why you always gotta attitude with somebody." He said and I put my phone down rolling my eyes.

"I don't have a attitude. You always tryna check me." I said and meek ignored me pulling out his phone. And I grabbed mines and looked down.