Part 7

(Fast forward...)

We're now here in America. Chris bought Kim and Tam some new clothes so they'd fit in with the other Americans. As we descended from the plane, I saw Kim and Tam wearing the exact same faces: faces filled with awe and happiness.

As we waited for the van that would pick us up here in the airport, Chris approached me.

"Ellen, where would you stay?"

"Oh, don't worry about that. I'd stay in my old house, where I used to live before I met you." I smiled at him and glanced over to Kim and Tam, who were both eating a cone of ice cream. When I saw my sister's car approaching, I bid John, Chris, Tam and Kim a goodbye. I'm happy for them.

As I made my way towards the car, I bumped into a man.

"Oh, I'm sorry, miss. Are you okay?" he asked me, offering his hand. As I touched his hand and looked into his eyes, I felt something. Something I've never felt before, like a spark.

When I got up to my feet, he chuckled. "Miss, did you feel that too? The spark?" He smiled at me.

"Yeah, I did." I smiled at him and stared into his blue-green eyes. And when I turned my head, I saw Chris, John and Kim giving me a thumbs-up.

"Ellen!" my sister Lorie called me.

"Oh, I've got to go! Bye!" I rushed towards the car and got inside of it. But not before casting a glance at the man.

"Oh, miss! My name is Wilson, and you are?" he asked me.

"Ellen. My name is Ellen. Nice to meet you, Wilson."

"Hope we see each other again, miss Ellen." He then bowed to me just like a prince bows to a princess. I chuckled and got in the car.

Perhaps things are going my way after all.

[End]

?v=2S~jIR