Chapter 8: Family Ties and Familiar Heartbeats

Stiles yawned, snuggling closer to Jackson, they were piled up on to his King Size bed, apparently the guest room, had been Jax' and according to the blonde it had always been empty.

The trophies and medals were placed in the Trophy Room. And wasn't that epic, The Whittmore's had a trophy room.

Any personal artefact the wolf had, was in a shoe box, usually in his suitcase. And that, however left a bad taste in his mouth, when Jax' room looked as bland and as dry as the Sahara Desert.

Even Derek had a few personal artefacts. His argument was a shrug, and 'Aren't rooms supposed to look like rooms?'

Derek's eyes had flashed at him, a sentiment Jacks hadn't seen, with his head buried beneath Derek's Jacket.

The scent no doubt reassuring. Probably Comforting.

Stiles, hadn't quite grasped the concept of scent, yet.

~*~

"Can't sleep?" Derek whispered softly, from his right side.

"I have questions. So many questions", he whispered back.

"You want to call your relatives, don't you", the ex-alpha stated softly, an understanding lilt in his voice.

"I'm a horrible human being. Asking them about my heritage, even though they kept it a secret, to protect me", Stiles mumbled into Jax' chest.

"Doesn't make you a horrible person", Derek scolded gently, "Call 'em on Skype. Its probably around uh..." he trailed off unaware of the time difference.

"4pm. There's an eight hour difference more or less, between Cali and Ireland", Jackson answered quietly.

Stiles smiled at the blonde.

Jacks shrugged. "We can use the Media Center and you can pace around the place, like the hyper spazz you are", he said.

Stiles bit his neck. Earning a pain-filled yelp.

"Holy Hell!!! What is wrong with you?!"

"Oh Hush, you big baby! It was a nip", he muttered sitting up.

"Doesn't mean it doesn't hurt, prick!!"

Stiles ignored him, setting up the connection to the Media center. Derek left the room, muttering about refreshments, and hungry like a wolf wasn't just a song.

Jacks barked with laughter, and helped plug in all the required cables.

"Nervous?" The blonde asked softly.

"Terrified. What if they don't like me being human, and were politely distancing themselves?" he had to ask, "OW!!!" he yelped

Jackson had slapped him upside the head, "That's was for, your 'channelling Scott level of stupidity' moment", he chidded shaking his head and began muttering...about stupid human spazz-balls, who don't use brains given to them by God.

Stiles suppressed his laughter threatening to burst. His wolves were hilarious, on their own.

~*~

Jackson wasn't particularly familiar with the entire concept of a Family. But he was a member of a pack, even if his Alpha wasn't an Alpha any more. He'd still felt a helluva lot safer with Derek than his own father.

And Stiles was the best, friend a guy could ever hope for. Scott, sure was lucky. Dumb as fuck. But Lucky...

"How do I even start a conversation? Its been two years, since I spoke to them", Stiles whispered barely above an echo of a secret.