Chapter 6: Remembering History with Frosting's and Fairy Lights

Stiles blinked at the sudden interruption standing in his doorway. And especially at what they were holding.

"What? Um..." he blinked probably looking every bit demented he actually was. Standing slowly he turned slightly.

Jackson bounded over and hugged him, effectively striking him mute. "CONGRATULATIONS!!!" he cheered jumping on the spot, and jostling Stiles.

Derek followed at a steady pace, "Here", he brought forward a plate of neatly decorated cupcakes arranged in a star.

"These? What...I-" he looked up at the born-wolf confused.

Jackson answered, "You're a little crazy. Okay--", he rolled his eyes when Derek snorted, "--A lot Crazy! But, we've always known that. And you take care of everybody, and don't really think about yourself. And we noticed you were making everyone their favorite cakes, but you forgot yours. So, Derek and I, are giving you these. Its not one of yours, because well those are still in the oven, and yeah..." he trailed off lifting the plate.

Stiles smiled softly at the two wolves, and then turned back to Collins who was watching them curiously.

"Sir, I'd like to introduce you to these two, Jax", he clapped the blonde on the shoulder, "He's planning on taking the exam as well, he's pre-law and will be deviating", he grinned, "He's also my brother", he ignored Jackson's gaping maw, "And is ridiculously smart. Oh, and this is Derek", he gestured to where the elder wolf stood, lips twitching with amusement, "Sourwolf extraordinairre, he's a, he's...uh...", he laughed, and turned to Derek, offering a one shoulder awkward shrug, "He's my Alpha", he acknowledged.

Derek's eyes flashed.

"Honestly kiddo", Collins grinned, "You talk a lot like your mom did. She always spoke in terms like Alpha, Beta, Omega. Made zero sense to me, but I'm glad she passed on her quirks to you. It means you have more than just her eyes", she smiled loudly.

"My mom?" Stiles sat back in the chair, "Why would she use those terms? Was she a sorority girl?" he asked carefully.

"Ha!!!" The Chief of LAPD, laughed hysterically again, "Gosh!!! No way in hell", she grinned disarmingly, "No, what I mean, is she used to call me her beta and Oh!!" she clapped her hands delightfully and laughed again, "-she used to say when she met John, he was her mate. Like actual wolves. How wolves mate for life and everything", she stated grinning at all three of them.

"By your expressions Jax and Derek, I imagine Stiles is the same. Loyalty; for wolves in his blood. Even in his name. Ah...Claudia, she sometimes said she was Alpha Human, and danced around a lot in strange ways, howled with laughter, growled when angry, whimpered when miserable. She had cramps every full-moon like clockwork. And trust me, she went batshit crazy those nights. I used to call her Werewolf Dia on those nights!!!" she smiled a bit lost in another memory, "If I recall correctly Stiles, it was a full moon, the night you were conceived", she picked up something and chuckled quietly, "John and her were married probably three months when she announced she wanted to have kids. Its like, she was calculating, when would be the perfect time, to conceive you", she whispered in mild amusement.

Collins turned the frame around and Stiles choked.

The frame held a picture of three people, laughing and smiling at the camera. It was similar to the one that sat on his mantle at home, next to the one of Melissa, mom and dad.

"I laughed a lot, after realizing, you were actually conceived, on the night of a Lunar Eclipse. A Blood Moon, no less. Must have been the first full moon night she was docile. Or so John told me in confusion... when I asked or well teased really... if she was an animal in bed? Man, I don't think I'd ever seen your dad blush before", she snickered evilly.