Chapter Two : Losing me ~ to something you can't see...

(Claire WitherBird is played by Liana Liberator)

Chapter Two : Losing me ~ to something you can't see... 

First came pain.
An Excruciating  pressure of pain. That cut through my leg, harshly making me screw my eyes up in pain. I couldn't move my legs. I felt like I was forever immobilised.

Then came the emotion, scared. He creeped up on me, like a stray cat. Twirling my hair with his, long black figures, singing a lullaby. He sat next to me laughing because my pain, amused him. Scared, was a evil emotion that frightened even the bravest of people.

Then came an unknown emotion to me. Some call it relief, other call it coming to your senses. I could hear. I had the pleasure of hearing the things around me....
but they where unfamiliar. Sounds of staccato beeps and  wheels rolling across floors , then a woman's voice comes into sound range. But what I hear, breaks me!
"Breaking news -  Mia Swan and Clair WitherBird where found on the highway into the city at 12:45 last night. They had been in a head on collision with a truck! These too girls where going to a party when the truck valued into the opposite lane which caused the horrible accident. At the scene of the investigation, the official say there isn't enough evidence to tell what caused the truck driver to go on the wrong side of the road. We are still investigating that. The two girls went to the Elite Hospital undergoing major surgeries. They are now in a stable condition but under supervision! We hope  those two girls will be okay!

Oh, my, gosh,
Our names Claire, and that's my BestFriends Mia .....

................

What the hell!
I move my fingers, I feel an inside modem to jump up. But I am stopped, by pain.
I'm angry, so very angry.
I move my fingers, feeling the soft sheets underneath me. Where am I? I find the courage to fight through the pain that's making me weak. I began to open my eyes. Every inch hurts, with the sudden thought that I might of lost my eyesight. I try to move my legs, but to no avail.
The light shines harshly from the half opened blind. No, I can see, but it's too bright, too bright for me.
"Oh, my baby!" A hand reaches for my hand. It's warm, comforting.
"Oh, my baby!" My eyes adjust, so see my mother, sitting right next to me! You can see that she has bee crying allot. Her mascara has smudged long black lines down her perfect face.
Tears begin to run down her eyes cheeks again, like rain on a glass window.
"We though you would die!" She sniffs her nose, she wipes away her tears.
"Mum......I'm.....okay!" I say with a trembling voice, because I realise that not only can I not move my legs, but that I can't feel my legs ether. I start to panic and I hear the beeping sound peak to a faster rate.
With my other hand, I lift off the blanket that covers my cold completion.
My body starts to shake and I start to feel really cold. My eyes are connected with a huge, blood thirsty line of stickers in a imperfect line up my thigh . It's scaring me - I started to cry.
"Oh, honey, it's okay, you gonna get better ! I promise!" My mum winces. 
I laugh, trying to think of something to cheer her up.
"Mum, I'm fine!" I place a soft smile on my face!
She squeezes my hand! I smile. "Bye bye bikinis!" I say laughing ! She smiles back at me.
But then I go back to a serous face. I'm still shaking a little.
"Mum,I don't know why I went out. I...I ...I !" Couldn't think of anything to say!!
"Sweetheart...I forgive you. We don't need to talk about, it's okay we are just glad your alive!"  She sits next to me. I feel happy! Most mums would yell, scream at there draughts, not my mum.
"Knock, knock!" John, my mums boyfriend walks in. John and my mum have been going out for 3 months now, and they are perfect for each other.
Johns a nice enough guy, friendly, kind, nows when I don't want to talk to him. I respect that in a man. But most of all, he makes my mum feel something I know she never has. My mum and dad where never married, child sweethearts. They had me and then he left, when I was only just a baby. Mum says he was scared of the responsibility that comes with kids, but I suspect something else.
"Hey, kido!" John says, smiling.
Johns a firefighter! Random, I know. John and my mum met at a train station. I know right, not that romantic. He was coming home from work and mum was going to the city. When he said he was a firefighter , knowing my mum, she needs that extra excitement in her life, so she as delighted.
"How you holding up?" He sits besides my mum, placing a light kiss on her cheek.
He pulls out a gift bag. It's pink with white poker dots.
"This is for you!" He says handing it over. My mum, kisses him on the cheek.
I open the bag. Inside lies two soft toys. Teddy bears. I pull them out. They are the colours of the earth. Browns and blacks, soft and delicate. One says, Get, and the other says Better! With a love heart next to it!!
"Ones for Mia!" John says, and suddenly as the aweful friend I am I remember Mia her blonde head lying next to me in the accident but  oh my gosh. Where is Mia!
"Mum, where is Mia, is she okay?" I stared to panic. I hear the staccato beeps go higher. "Honey, chill, she's already in her room! She's okay?" Mum says. In her room!
What are she talking about?
The door opens up, and a man in a white coat walks in.
He has a set jaw line, a straight face. But places a smile on his face!
He holds a clipboard, like out of one of those cliche movies.
"Hi, my name is Dr Cullen Elbert. But you can call me Cullen." He smiles, a soft friendly smile.
"I was the Doc  that fixed your leg up!" He looks at me with a sly look.
"Um, thank you?" I say, unsure how to take it!
He chuckles at my childish statement.
The he looks down at his clipboard.
"You suffered, internal bleeding in your upper thigh, as well you snapped your shin bone. While you where in the car, you had a piece of metal  in your leg, I had to remove that too!" He looks away from his clipboard with a saddened expression.
"We are, this is of course if you would like this option, placing you in our rehab puerility, it's one level up from here. You have damaged so much of your leg, I'm sorry, but you are unable to move it, walk, run, even crawl." He's face was sad. "So we will be placing  you in there, you will have a six months in there, doing physical things as well as mental. There will be a room, with a room mate and you will live at this youth hospital!" He lost me at six months.
Six months of my life I have to spend, having this infuriating pain. I wish it was just chopped off. Actually, thinking about it, I take it back.
"What about schooling?" My mum says.
"She will have classes, but our main focus is for her to get better!" He says.
" I'll do it!" I say.
"What!" My mum says.
"Mum, I gotta get better somehow! And anyways, they know what they're  doing!" I say, looking at her . " I'm gonna be okay!" I say, squeezing  her hand.
"Okay!" She agrees. And from that moment on, my life has changed.

I found myself in a wheel chair! I hadn't planed for me to be in this situation for a while, but, who cares. I was wearing a gown that was very revealing. My whole back was showing. When I mean whole back, I mean WHOLE BACK!!!!
We hoped in the elevator,to find ourselves travailing up a level. When coming out of the elevator. We stopped at the desk. Cullen told them what was going on.
I said my name, and she handed me a blue band!
I was to wear it all the time, shower, to bed. It had my name on it, my room and all. "Claire Willow Darling WitherBird, Rehab, R-32. " I was wheeled to Room 32 and opened the door.
She sat there, black eyed, stitched  head, smiling with a huge grin.
"WitherBird!" She says. I was wheeled in. Mum and John say there goodbyes, and promise that they will visit soon.  I kissed them on the cheeks. And they left.
"Well, we never ended up at that party!" Mia says, sad a little.
"Yeah.!" I say, laughing.
"Claire, I'm sorry! I wasn't paying attention and I should of changed the stupid radio station and......" She started to cry!
"Oh, my Mia! You are not just to blame. I was being annoying!" She laughs. I try to lighten the mood.

"You look like such a wreak!" I say to her. She bursts out laughing.
"Man, what the hell happened!!" We begins to laugh. No matter what situation we are ever in, nothing ever brings our spirits down! When suddenly Mia blacks out and falls to the floor. "MIA" I scream, but she has already gotten up. "What was that" I ask
"Well I kind of get random black outs from time to time so they sent me to the mental rehab to work on it."
I smile and then say!! "Is that even a thing?"
She laughs and then says in reply. "Well apparently it is!"
She says trying to be nonchalant , but behind that I can see the sadness in her eyes.
"So what the doc say happened to you?" She asks.
"Um.......something about me not being able to walk, snapping a bone!! You?" I say, light heartened.
"Well you already saw the black out thing!! But  the doc also said that I have lost some of my memory!!" She looks at the ground "Well I remember you and my mum and dad, but the funny thing is, I can't remember what it was that I have lost!" She says, seeming to serous.
"You sound so stupid" I'm now crying because she sounded so silly saying that!
"Well, we'll just have to wait and see what you remember!" I say.
A light knock comes to our door!
It opens to see a tall blonde boy is standing there! He has blonde hair, the colour of of the sandy beach, his eyes are a beautiful Ivy green, he seems so shy.
"Hi...........my.........names.........Matt...........!" He says looking at the floor. I give Mia a look, like, what's going on! She returns gives me the, " I dibs him!" Look!
"Well it's lovely to meet you Matt. I'm Mia and this is Claire!" She says!! flirter!!
"You........too.........are......you.......getting........better?!" He says. Shy.
"First day in, I think so!" I say, smiling
"The.....docs.......say........that......its.,.......good.....for ...........me..............to.......get....out.....it.......helps......my.......anxiety!" He says, still looking at the ground.
Mia gets up and walks over too him.
"What happened to you?" Mia asks, but he shrugs at the question and shudders as if the memory of it frightens him " I don't really like to talk about it" he says matter of factly. Mia goes to touch his shoulder but I interject quickly.
"No way Mia!" I snort and laugh! "Mark wouldn't be happy, you placing your hands all over another guy!" I laugh, thinking it was a joke!

But the next too words that came out of Mia's mouth, brought my skin pail, and a tear to my eye. 
For I know she's not joking with the serious look in her eye when she says the death defying words of......

"Who's Mark?"

-Authors note-
Hope you like this chapter please please vote, comment, just be awesome <3
We love feedback, ideas, so don't sit silent:)
Have a great day!!
Stay Happy,
VannaBlossom & NABRI09 xx