Tears of Cellophane

Chapter One : Tears of Cellophane

Mia's P.O.V

"Come on Claire" I whine in that baby voice I know she hates.
But she refuses to turn around, "Claaaaaaaaaire" I whine even louder and I can see her cheeks flush red with anger.
"What Mia what can you possibly want!!" She demands.
"You know what I want!! I want to go to Kent's party and have fun!!" I say.
She turns around from her closet to look me in the eyes. "You know perfectly well why I don't want to go Mia!!" She glares at me. "It's because he will be there! Stupid Brent, he always ruins everything!"
Brent, for those that don't know, is Claire's ex. He was the most popular boy in our school. Caption of the football team, smartest, looks like a angle fallen from heaven, girls ran after him, even the girls that didn't want to except the fact that that they did.

Claire's not the one to fall for any guy, this really annoyed many guys at our school, when she politely declined going on a date with them. She never let anyone ( but me of corse!) know who she liked.
When she got asked out by Brent, and said 'yes' it was the talk of the year. Then when he was cheating on her for months, that too was the talk. He cheated with a fake blond, Stacy Newell, not even a beautiful as Claire. Claire was broken .
She  called it of with him, but a couple of weeks later him and Stacy Newell broke up! Leaving him wanting Claire back.
He follows her everywhere and goes to almost every party hoping she will show up so he can hook up with her. He shows off at her, calls her, this has truly turned her off dating. She refuses to fall for his good looks and charm, again, because she realised that all the tears that she cried over him wasn't worth it.

"But I want to go because Mark will be there, considering he is my boyfriend and all!" She places a puppy eyed face on. "Also it wouldn't be a party without us now would it?" I say in a matter of fact voice.
Claire grunts in approval at what I say."Fine, only because your my best friend" she says with a huff blowing some loose brown curls out of her face. "YAYYYYYYYYYYYY" I squeal as I run to give her a bear hug, which she does not expect and she topples backwards into the closet with a very un-lady like yelp.
"Let's get you dressed into that outfit you were laying out" I say a tad enthusiastically in her ear and before she answers me, she pushes me of her and gets up of the floor.  "I wasn't laying that out fit out for the party I was simply laying it out I case a fire came through and I could only grab one outfit!" She says defiantly as she offers me a hand up. "Thanks" I say gratefully as I grab her hand and pull myself up from the floor.
"Ok, let's start with putting on those clothes then I'll do makeup and some loose curls for your hair. How about that? Seeing as I am already ready all you have to do is sit back and relax!" I say with a flourish of my arms which she lets out a snort in seeing.

After 2hrs work of pulling hair with hot irons and smearing lipstick all around the room we are finally ready to go. 
As we walk downstairs, my younger brother Neo walks up the stairs. He has  his head bent playing on his game boy, the light coming of the screen illuminates his features right from the tousled blonde hair to the light brown freckles scattered across his face, he finally looks up and says in his little voice that sort of squeaks " where are you going? Mum said your not allowed to Kent's party!" Claire looks at me with a questioning glance. It may have slipped my mind to tell her that I wasn't allowed to go. Whoops a daisy.
"I am going to spend the night at Claire's!" I say in a defensive voice. Claire snorts, with a giggle, because she nows that it's not true.
"Really? Your having a sleep over at Claire's dressed like that?" He asks with a look of triumph
"Yes" I say as Claire and I push past him making him stumble on the stairs.

As we walk out side the icy wind bites at our skin causing little round bumps appear on our skin. We hug our arms around ourselves trying to create body heat as we rush to my car and open the doors to jump in.
Once we're inside I crank the heater up high and turn the radio on. We drive in silence for a while until I decide to break the silence, "so who do you thinks going to be there?" I ask.
"Well, I heard that Milla Clearwater will be there with Roger Spice. Did you hear there a couple now?" She asks. Finally I think some gossip to talk about, "Yeah I heard it from Josh Player" I reply.
Josh is Roger's best mate and as his lay name implies he is the biggest player at our school.

He is to filled with confidence and he is easily the second hottest kid at school only because my boyfriend, Mark is the hottest.
And back we go to the silence. I don't need to talk to Claire all the time because our silence talks for itself.  After about 15min we finally reach the city and my favourite song comes on the radio which I turn up, completely forgetting that Claire hates this song with a passion.  She reaches down to change it but I swat her hand away. She glares at me before trying to change it again.
We are to busy bickering that nether of us see the truck swerving onto the wrong side of the road until it's to late. The next thing we know everything has gone black.

I'm lying on the floor in a pool of glass and all I can see are red and blue lights with sirens.
As my senses start to awaken I can see, hear and smell, the lights flashing green, red and yellow, the sounds of honking horns, screeching wheels and a scream, the smell of car gas, sweat and blood.
This is all I can handle thinking about before it goes black once again......
I don't even know where Claire is!

Authors Note ~

Hey Guys,
Sorry this chapter is short.
We hope you enjoyed this chapter, next chapters in Claire's P.O.V - so get excited!!
Please give feedback, comments, questions!! We are all ears :)
Once again, thanks for reading.
Stay Happy Y'all !!
VannaBlossom & NABRI09  xx