two

We are in the middle of the summer season and the sun high in the sky, with nothing to hide it but a few clouds, beats down on the streets. They seem to be empty as any soul alive who lives on the neighborhood isn't willing to face the radiating heat or if some are, they might be gathered around at the beach to refresh themselves or simply, at the diner talking and playing some cards. Despite the heat outside, the trees' leaves dance to the fresh breeze which seems to cool down the heat a little as the warmth ooze from them.

Kim and I arrive at the local gas station and once again, The Stones could be heard from the radio as both of us were singing it out loud. Kim's car is a beautiful 1961 Ferrari 250 GT California and she is drumming her fingers on the steering wheel while she is deciding if she should wait for the employee to put gas in the car or do it herself.

"It's a pretty good day today, isn't it?" She says starting small talk.

"I guess you could say so." I shrug as I look outside the window, spotting two figures leaning against the balcony that was in between two petrol stations. "I guess you won't be very lucky if you're waiting for someone to put the gas." I say as I motion my head over to where they were standing, she glances over them and a grin makes its way to her features.

"Won't I?" She says as honks. The loud noise of the worn seems to make them know about our existence as they turn their attention towards us and I glance at Kim who was looking forward as if nothing had happened. One of the men, who probably works here, makes his way over us and as soon as he reach us, Kim looks at him with a smile on her face.

"Good afternoon." He says politely and it's obvious that he has a different accent from the people who live in this town. "How can I be helpful, ma'ams?" I glance over him and I recall his face from somewhere. I'm not too sure but I guess I saw him pretty recently.

"Well, could you supply the car with 25 dollars?" Kim hands him the money and a look of surprise is noticeable on his face but he compose himself before accepting the money.

"Sure." His rose lips part in a charming smile and he turns on his heels going to do as he was said. As he starts supplying, I see the muscles of his back getting slightly tense as his attention is completely focused on his task.

"Don't you get the sensation that you've seen him before?" I say without looking at Kim. I search on my mind for any clue that could help me remembering him but I fail.

Kim is silent for a few seconds, probably thinking about my sudden question.

"I do." She says taking her sunglasses off and leaning closer to have a closer look. "I think I saw him the other night, actually. When we were at the r-" She's interrupted by the arrival of the boy.

"Here you go." The boy says while handing her the 5 dollars. He then smiles and I could see the captivating green on his eyes. "Have a safe ride." He looks at both of us and a smirk shows up on his face.

A smirk whose wasn't foreign to me.

___

"What do you want, huh?" I hear a muffled voice as soon as I arrive at the drive-in. I had agreed to come with Kim and Donna to watch some movie they wanted to watch since Lis haven't talked to any of us since I slapped Eric. "You wanna fight, is that it?" The same voice echoes calling the people who are passing by attention. It called mine, for sure. As I am wondering if I should go over where the unknown person was standing or keep walking and pretend I didn't hear nothing, My feet are already leading me to where the muffled voice came from. As soon as I reach the place, I spot some people gathered around and I instantly recognize Lis and Brian. I run towards them and pat Lis on the shoulder. This time she is wearing her hair down and a half sleeve white polka dot dress. She turns around and as soon as she sees me, her smile fades.

"What are you d-" I cut her off, my curiosity taking the best of me.

"What's happening?" I ask and stare at her. I wait for her answer but she doesn't open her mouth. "Why don't you tell me what is happening? I want to know." I cross my arms, my eyes never leaving hers.

"Nothing." She mutters, trying to convince me and it seems that she is trying to get rid of me. A grin appears on my face due to the impatience that is growing on me.

"It must be something." I say. "Or these people wouldn't be gathered around." I take a deep breath and sneak over her shoulder in an attempt to see what is going on. Brian seems to finally acknowledge my existence as he looks at me. "Tell me what's going on, what's the reason you guys won't let me see it?"

"Let her see it." Brian whispers to Lis and she rolls her eyes. "You know she isn't going away even if we assure it's nothing." He says with a sigh, annoyed at my persistence.

"Fine." Her high pitched voice gets loud as she gets out of my way. She rolls her eyes and sends an annoyed glare to Brian who shrugs.

I take a step ahead and I come across with one of the sickest images that ever crossed my mind. Patrick and some other guy are grabbing a boy who doesn't seem to have more than 14 years old and Eric is standing in front of him with the sickest grin on his face. The poor boy is with his lip open and a trail of blood leaving it. He also has his shirt crumpled and his eye red. I gasp in surprise but also in disgust. I can't believe what I am seeing, as I look around I spot some familiar faces but they haven't spotted me yet.

"Where's your big brother when you need him, huh?" Eric asks as he beats the poor kid on the stomach and I hear giggles beside me. I turn around and Lis is giggling while she has her arm intertwined with Brian's. I guess I shouldn't be so surprised since it's Lis. I cringe at the thought of having such bad friends. "I can't see him. Where is he?" Eric says in a childish voice like he was making fun of the boy.

"Stop." I shout as I take another step forward. Eric freezes in his place and people finally look at me. I swallow and make my way to his front. "What the hell is happening, Eric? Are you crazy? He's a little boy." I say looking at him in disbelief defending the defenseless kid. "I can't believe you went so low to the point to beat up some kid's ass!"

"Honey." He mutters. "He's a greaser, Jane. A fucking greaser, you know how much I-I despise them."

"I don't care if he's a greaser or not, he's a little boy for god's sake!" I glare at Patrick and he avoids my eyes. "Leave the boy alone, Patrick." I mutter and the two guys put him down. I turn my head to face Eric in disgust. "You're a monster." I shake my head, closing my eyes for a moment.

I feel Eric's eyes on me like everyone else's, they fall silent as I look around and catch Lis, who is standing beside Eric, looking at me with a serious look. I ignore her and turn my back to Eric, facing now the boy who was being beaten just a few minutes ago. I take a step forward and get on my knees to take a closer look to check his condition. His watery eyes are filled with nothing but fear as I suppose that the cowards had caught him by himself and decide to have some "fun" as they say since, for them, it's funny to beat up defenseless kids who happen to be greasers and to be younger than them. As I reach his chin with my hand, a shot is heard and I quickly turn my head to see the origin of the shot like everyone else. I see a group of about 7-8 boys wearing leather jackets with a bit of grease in their hair. The greasers. The one that is at the front has his head down and my eyes run to his hand, spotting a gun between his fingers and he swings it playfully. The boy is wearing a white t-shirt which makes his slight muscular form stand out, black jeans and boots of the same colour. Everyone went silent and he lifts his head, looking to his mates as he nods his head to them. He turns his face to face the people who were gathered around until his gaze stops in a certain person. I glance at him again seeing that same smirk plastered on his face. I know I have seen him before as I finally recognize the smirk, it's the same smirk I met at the race's night, the same smirk I saw at the gas station. It's him.

a/n: So the second chapter is up and I hope you guys like it! Thank you so much for the 400 reads on this story, I really appreciate it and I'll be uploading the third chapter as soon as I can since I'm thinking in doing a double update due to the short chapter. Also, I bring news: I've been working on a playlist for this story which I'm really happy with and if you guys are curious with the music choices I've selected, I'd post a short chapter with the songs I have gathered so far! I think that it's all for today's update and don't forget to vote and maybe leave a comment, it helps a writer a lot and it also boosts our esteem because there is people who also enjoy our work! Have a wonderful day :) x