Prologue.

I felt the thick atmosphere, which was surrounding us, getting heavier and heavier. I was standing behind him while i watched the muscles of his back getting tense and more tense as he looked to Dean. I didn't want to make myself look smaller but I guess I had no choice. I felt Dean's eyes searching for me as he crossed his arms over his chest with a mischievous smile on his face.

"Well, well, well. Look at what we got here." Dean said looking to his gang as he slowly nodded. "Why are you protecting her, huh?"

"I already said. She has nothing to do with what happened." He muttered to himself, closing his hands into fists.

We're standing in the middle of the street. It's past eleven and the only light illuminating us is the moonlight. I took a deep breath knowing if we get out of this one, it won't be the last time Dean will be searching for the two of us.

"Is that so? I don't believe you. You've been gone for what it seems like a year and you expect me to believe you?"

"Look, I told you the bloody truth whether you believe it or not, it's not my fucking business."

His voice echoed through the street making me step back. I watch Dean's smile fade, turning into a serious one. He quickly glances at me before locking eyes with him.

"I guess it is and you know it so damn well."

"Do I?" I sense some sarcasm in Harry's voice and I can't help but chuckle a bit. Harry looks at me with a smirk on his face and turns again to face Dean.

"Do you think it's funny?"

"Actually, I-"

"I'm not talking to you." Dean snaps his eyes at me. "I'm talking to her."

My throat quickly dried as I tried to formulate something to say. I cleaned my hands in my leather jeans and took a deep breath before stepping out to Harry's front.

"Jane."

"I-"

Dean came closer and before he could reach my arm, Harry quickly pulls his gun and points it to his body.

"If you lay a finger in her, I swear i'll kill you."

I gasp at Harry's words turning my attention to him. The guys who were, until this point, silent only watching them, took a step closer and i know we're fucked up.

"I see you haven't changed a bit. Not after the months you've been out doing only god knows what. Always taking the easiest way to escape even if it means killing one of yours."

"I'm warning you." Harry says between gritted teeth, grabbing the trigger.

"Why would you do that? To protect her?" He looks at me with a smirk on his face. I wonder how he can be smiling at times like these when he had a gun next to his body. "She's not one of us. She will never be. Remember how you hated those socs. What made you change the way you see them?"

"Shut up."

"I won't, you know why?" Dean takes a gun from his pocket and pointed it at me. "Because I'm going to kill her before you have the chance to kill me."

My whole body stiffed and I couldn't move. Harry stared at me desperately, looking for my eyes but I couldn't look at him. Not when I had a gun pointed at me.

Harry turned his eyes to Dean and I felt tears threatening to fall. My heart was pounding fast and I couldn't believe that I had put both of us in this situation.

"So, how is it going to be?" Harry tightened his grip around the gun, swallowing slowly.

"Run." He whispered the words without looking at me.

"What?" My voice sounded higher than I was expecting to but his words weren't making any sense.

" I said run." He said roughly, catching me by surprise.

I had only seen him like this a few times. I hated to see him like this, he was rough but vulnerable at the same time.

"Now!"

-

Chapter note: This is pure fiction and also a au story, which you can imagine whoever you want instead of Harry. The events that happened in this story didn't happen in reality. Only the names, appearances and gangs names are real. Some aspects of the story are based on the book and movie The Outsiders by S.E Winston. Other than that, it's all from my mind. I really hope you enjoy this story and please vote. Have a nice day!