In Cold Blood

The sound of the night's unusual silance roared in Briar's ears as she strolled lazily down the street. Normally you could hear the sweet sounds of nature, but tonight it was simply the soft murmur of the creek running past her on her left. She was heading back into town from her walk, like she did every night. The silence unnerved her, the onimous air sitting heavily in her lungs. Why did she feel this way? Her heart thumped trecherously in her chest, like a race against the clock, numbering beats before the source of the ominous feeling was discovered...

In the shadows of the woods, dark figures skirted the streets. Their movements were merely flashes in the darkness, the occasional glimpse of light outlining a face or glinting off a weapon.

"Move into position. C-Team begin preparations."

"Yes sir!" A group of four men slid through the shadows and into the eerie light cast be a dying streetlamp nearby. The bags by their side swung back and forth with each step, their hidden contents thumping darkly as they moved. They broke in halves, the two on the left taking the front and left side of the building before them, the other two taking the right and back sides. The rough wooden building looked ready to fall apart. Why the boss wanted with this place they didn't know, but his word was law. In experienced sync, they ripped open the bags and taped the contents to the wall, pressing a button and darting into the woods around the building. They fled, the internal clocks ticking as they hurled themselves over the banks and lay flat against the cold frozen earth. 3...2...1...

_____________

sooo?

*edit* it's 12:52 am and I notice there aren't a lot of anthromorph stories, so i'm deciding to make this one. I'm thinking of that as an thank you to the fandom for being totally awesome and welcoming me to the fandom like kin. So guess what... This shit just got furry.*

Feel free to ask me about the fandom, i'll be happy to answer :)