Chapter 1.

James's POV: 

"Mum, i'm home!" I call out as i walk hand in hand with my girlfriend, Amanda after a long day of practice at dance. 

"In the kitchen honey, i have someone i'd like you too meet.." Mum calls out from the kitchen. 

We enter and i feel Amanda's grip on my hand loosen and then drop, "Uh mum, who's this?" I turn to face the girl who's hair was short and blonde, wearing a light coat of make up. She looked stunning, but also really scared. Probably no less than a year younger than me. 

Mum gave me a look at my choice in words, before turning to face the girl "This is Riley, she will be staying with us for awhile." Mum spoke sweetly to encourage the girl to talk. 

"I'm James," i tell her holding my hand out to shake it, formal i know but surely she'd shake it. 

Instead she just looked away and i saw her give my girlfriend a look "Oh right, this is my girlfriend Amanda." i tell her with a small smile. Amanda smiled also.

"It's nice to meet you both." she spoke quietly before turning to face my mum "Can i please go up to my room?" she asked shyly.

"That's fine honey, dinner will be ready in half an hour or so," Mum tells her with a gentle smile before continuing to prepare the mash potato. 

Amanda and i watched as she grabbed her book  before nodding and saying thank you to my mum and then went up stair's without saying another word. 

"Well then i'm guessing Amanda and i can go up to my room?" I ask mum and she nod's and Amanda walks to the living room when Mum calls out to me "James.." she spoke loudly as i stood near the door way. 

"Yeah ma?" I ask unsure as she stopped me in my tracks. 

"Be nice to Riley okay and make sure she feel's welcome." Mum told me with a gentle smile.

I nodded and made my way upstairs with Amanda where we started doing our home work.  I tried focusing on the chapter amanda was reading out loud but i couldn't, all the other people who have stayed in our house haven't seemed as secretive as Riley, and it's kind of intriguing. 

later that night. 

Riley's POV: 

James and his girlfriend Amanda had been kissing on the sofa basically all night and i wanted to go into my room and hide but Deborah his mum suggested i stay out here and talk to them while she went to the grocery store and  picked up his younger sisters, so that's exactly what i did. 

Finally James came back inside after Amanda got picked up and he sat on the sofa next to me, causing me to move over a little bit. Not because sitting next to James was a bad thing, i just don't know him well enough that's all. 

"Riles, it's okay i'm not going to do anything." James tells me quietly as he flicked through the tv channels 

Riles, that was new and i liked it a lot.  It was always Riley in a stern voice like the disgrace everyone back home thought that i was. 

"Touchdown and tutu's." I say loudly as i saw it pop on the tv screen. 

"Touchdown and tutu's it is," James chuckled before setting the tv remote down before throwing the bag of chip's at me. 

"So how long have you been dating Amanda for, it seem's uh serious?" I ask awkwardly trying to make conversation.

"6 weeks, it's casual, nothing serious about us believe me, She's cool though." James spoke as he continued eating the chips and his eyes glued to the tv screen until he turned to face me "What about you do you like uh have a boyfriend back home?" James asked casually as he looked at me a little. 

" Right, uh, Nope. I did though." I shrugged trying to play it off like it was no big deal, when it was one of many reason's why i'm here to begin with. 

How can him and Amanda be "casual" what even is "casual" why would you date someone you saw no future with? Just so you can say your dating someone? That's so weird and James seem's like the type of person all for that though so i guess it makes sense. 

James shrugged before he pulled out his math book from his bag that was sat beside the sofa and spread papers everywhere as if he had studied, i gave him a look, "Riles chill, mum will never know i didn't spend the night studying." he chuckled. 

"Your mum know's you haven't been doing your math, James." I sigh as i hear people enter through the front door, Deborah, and his sisters Macey (11) and McKenna (5). I jump up and help them put away the groceries before heading to bed. 

A couple of hours later, i made sure everyone was asleep before i walked quietly downstairs and grabbed James math books filling in the 4 pages of Math that he needed to do for tomorrow, which he had left untouched. I in a way kinda just want to make a good impression on there whole family, especially James. He seem's nice, and really bad at Math too. Maybe there's a way i can get to know him without exposing all of my secret's.