C h a p t e r 1

"Wassup ma? Can I talk to you for a min?"

We were walking out the corner store when this man with dreads almost down his back, with grills on every tooth in his mouth and the newest pair of Jordan's on his feet called out. There would always be men standing around the corner store selling weed or try to use some corny pickup lines to get girls.

"We good!" My cousin Olivia yelled out.

"This why I hate lightskin bitches brah, they always acting stuck up with they big headed ass." Another one of the boys that was standing around called out.

"And this is why I hate bums, all y'all do is stand on the corner. Get a job sir." My little sister Allison shot back.

"Bum? Bitch you see these Jordan's on my feet? Your father couldn't afford these!" The dreadhead called out.

"You sure about that?" Allison asked again.

"Let's go before this turn into something it doesn't have too" I said interfering before Allison called our father like the brat she was.

"Yeah you might want to listen to princess over there." The dreadhead said pointing to me.

"You don't know us so you should shut your mouth before you and ya homeboy be floating in a lake." My best friend Kailani spoke up.

"Y'all bitches making threats?" He said walking towards us with his shirt lifted up, revealing his pistol.

"Do you know my father? I think you should put that away before I hit his line." I said showing them I wasn't intimidated.

"Call him then princess, only God puts fear in my heart." He remarked blowing a kiss in my direction.

"Already on it, he should be here in 5, 4, now!" Allison said looking at the direction my father was pulling up in his 2014 all black Dodge Charger, he got out the car along side with my brother Isaac.

Isaac had Ray Bandz with an all white Polo shirt on with white True Religion jeans and white Air Force One and he had a scowl on his face. My father just stood by his car on the phone waiting for someone to make the wrong move.

"Wassup? What's the problem?" Isaac asked not even acknowledging us. The boys now had a worried look on their face.

"No problem fam, these bit-girls was just being too disrespectful for our liking." The dreahead spoke.

"They pulled their gun out on us." Allison snitched. This caught my father attention as he walked to us, the boy saw my father and looked like he was bout to shit his pants.

"You Tac daughter? My bad fam I ain't know these girls belong to you!" The other boy spoke as he looked like he was scared out of his mind.

"I ain't ya fam! I don't care bout none of these other lil bitches but when it comes down to these four watch the threats and keep ya mouth closed but today's your lucky day. I'm feeling a little generous today y'all can have y'all lives, now get off my corner." My father said smiling. That action even scared me a little bit, the boys hurried into their silver truck wasting no time to scurry off.

"Y'all good? Why y'all walking round here anyway?" My father asked.

"Gosh, I didn't know I needed your permission to walk around the corner." I smartly remarked rolling my eyes. I was a daddy's girl and I loved my father more than anything but I hated the way he was always on our case.

"Don't start with the smart mouth Lysa, you know y'all don't go out the house without telling me!" He said raising his voice a little, I didn't feel like arguing so I simply nodded.

"Won't happen again." I said before turning around to walk away.

"Get in the car Alyssa." Isaac called out. I continued walking until my father called my name.

"If you don't get in the car I'm not giving you ya gift I just bought." He said smiling. Once again I'm a daddy's girl so he knows how to get his way.

"You are so cruel." I said getting in the backseat, he laughed and drove away.

Once we got into the house my father gave us one of his "It's not safe out here" speeches before he gave them their gifts.

Yes, Kailani and Olivia wasn't his daughters but to him blood didn't make you family- loyalty do. Even though Olivia was his niece he treated her as he birthed her and Kailani didn't have a father so he told her whenever she needed that father role in her life he would always be there and he always kept his word.

"Can I get my gift now?" I said interrupting the speech I've heard way too many times now.

"Go look in your room Lysa." He said smiling. I walked to my room and I saw keys sitting on my bed. I walked back down stairs confused.

"What's th-?" Just as I was saying a cloth flew over my eyes, cutting me off.

"Walk, I'm not going to let you fall" Isaac demanded. I starting walking than we went down some stairs and I heard a door open. "You could take the blindfold off."

When I took my blindfold off I noticed we were in the garage next to all my father and Isaac cars, which got me even more confused.

"Why are we in here? ARE YOU LETTING ME HAVE ONE OF YOUR CARS?!" I yelled squealing. "Can I have the Lambo?"

"Calm down Lysa! And hell no you can't have my Lambo, I just almost smacked the shit out of you." My father said all seriousness in his voice.

"Okay so why are-"

"Damn Lysa for you to be so smart you stupid as hell" Isaac said annoyance dripping from his voice it was then I saw a black matte jeep with my name spray painted on the side in purple with a big bow on it. How did I not see that? I was about to slap myself.

"OHMYGOD!! Thank you Daddy SO MUCH! It's mine right? All mine? In my name and everything?" I asked jumping up and down.

"Don't thank me, thank the girls they picked it out and yes it's all yours!" I jumped in his arms before he could say anything else.

"Can I take it on a drive now?" I asked.

"It's yours, you don't have to ask." He said opening the door. I ran into his arms again jumping up and down. Kailani, Allison and Olivia got into the car just as I got in.

"Be safe!" My father called out as I pulled out the garage.

I couldn't wait to show this off at school tomorrow, this was absolutely a dream come true. Maybe I could get out more now that I don't have to depend on my dad to take me everywhere.