Dead or alive. Chapter 6

a/n: Sorry that the update took so long! My laptop broke shortly after I started writing this chapter. But it's fine now

[10k's POV]

Days. Weeks. Maybe months have gone by, since we left Minneapolis. Everybody was doing as well as the apocalypse let it happen. We still had our truck and still were together. Vasquez still didn't tell anyone, why he wanted to leave the place so fast, when the one dude left the car back at the laboratory. He was just staring at a picture of his family. His wife and daughter. I leaned over and stuck my head through the gab of the front seats. I tapped his shoulder and he quickly covered up the photo. 

"Stop asking what happened. I'm not ready to tell." he said and stuffed the piece of paper back into his pocket. "It's okay. If you don't want to- you don't have to." I answered and leaned back. 

Daisy laid her hand on my knee, "At least you tried..." she said and smiled. I nodded. Suddenly the car slowed down. "What's the matter?" Doc now stuck his head through the gap. "Oh hell no...! That's not..." he began to say, as I interrupted "...Pie girl!". Daisy also looked out a window. 

"Wow! She is pregnant..." Warren said. Murphy woke up. "What do you mean pregnant?" he asked confused. Daisy, still looking at her, now turned to Murphy "Dude. Like 10 months pregnant." she said and laughed a little. 

Ans since we couldn't leave a pregnant woman out there, we took her with us. It turned out, that her name was Serena and she was actually searching for us. She was sitting next to Murphy and Doc. Daisy and I again shared the loading area of the truck. The sun was out and not a single wind was blowing. "Oh man! I'm dying if we have to stay out in the sun any longer!" Daisy said, holding her hands in front of her face. "Don't worry. The map says, that there is a town near by. We need to stock up supplies anyways..." I looked up from the map, squinting because of the sun. Suddenly the car stopped again and a door opened, Addy got off and opened the door Serena was behind. She just held her head out and threw up what was inside of her. With a look of disgust I turned to Daisy, who was stitching some pants. 

When Serena was done and felt better, we continued our way, until we reached the town. 

[Daisy's POV]

Warren stopped the car down a hill. We all got off. We told Serena to stay in the car, but she wanted to come with the rest of us. 

"No Zs so far..." I said, turning around to the others walking a few steps behind me. "But have you seen all the signs? They had a cheese parade, when it all started!" Doc mentioned, pointing on one of the banners. Than he got exited "A-and look! Is that a real cheesewheel?!" he ran past me towards the huge cheese. "Doc... I don't think we have time for that!" Warren pulled out her gun and reloaded. 10k took a look through his scope "Warren is right. We don't!" and pointed down the street. A humongous horde of Zs was running our way. 

Serena was throwing up again, which I tried to ignore my best, because I really can't handle, if people aren't doing well. "We need time!" Addy yelled, holding Serenas hair. "10k. Mack. The wheel!" Warren said and signalized them to push it down. It was pretty funny to watch the wheel flatten down some undead.

"Guys! Over here!" Warren yelled and ran across the street and disappeared around the corner of a grocery store. Doc followed her along with Vasquez,Mack and Addy. 10k, Murphy, Serena and I stayed outside. I was looking around, searching for a new vehicle, since we 'lost' our last one. Only a block further I spotted a black family van. Slowly walking towards it, I pulled out my katana. For safety reasons. I circled around once. Then a second time. It was locked but the keys were laying on the drivers seat. I looked around to make sure nothing is going to surprise me while I'm trying to open the car. Nothing. I took my green scarf and wrapped it around my arm and hand. With the handle of my katana I cracked open the front window. The glass shattered and I reached for the keys.