Chapter.6 - Today and Forever

Hey a people.. I am back again.. can't tell you all how honored I am to have such fantastic readers.. thank you everyone who have posted their token of encouragement.. I cannot say how important that is to me.. without further adieu here's the next part.. I wanted to make it longer but just got myself into a sudden trip with my colleagues.. will be off for few days.. so I thought of updating anyways.. hope you enjoy this one.. please do not forget to leave your reviews.. if you have any suggestions feel free to share..

Love ya all

Sabah. 

____________________________________________________________________________________

"Bradley's body has been discovered.. dumped inside the trunk of a car.. the car was drowned in the water just at the old docks where we'd found Norman unconscious" Alex informed.

Norma's face turned pale instantly.. pushing a lump down her throat she asked.. "how'd she die??"

"apparently her head was smashed onto to something hard.. presumably rocks or something of concrete sort."

Silence persisted between the two of them for a couple of minutes.. Norma sat quietly with her eyes glued down at her feet.. she felt she had gone into some kind of a trance.. her soul was no longer within her body.. she was defeated.. exhausted.. she no longer had the strength to fight back..

Alex placed a gentle palm on her shoulder.. she looked at him in reception.

"Norma.. listen to me...... her body's been underwater for more than 2 days.. it's hardly possible that any evident is left on her...... having said that, it's a clear case of murder.. it will be investigated.. I can't do anything about that.." he took a pause........ "I will get you out of this.. just do as I say.. you need to send Norman to Pineview immediately.. the sooner the better.."

"How am I gonna do that Alex..?? you already know how he reacted the last time I mentioned Pineview.. he bloody killed someone!! what if.."

Alex broke in before she could complete her sentence.. "Normaa!! You're not listening.. there's a lot of things beyond my control now.. with the Sheriff election, the DEA getting involved in everything and Bob's murder investigation I am just not in the position t.."

"wha wha wait.. what did you say?? Bob's murder?? What?? Bob Paris is dead??" Norma uttered in disbelieve.

"yeah.. but that's not the main issue now.. the thing is.."

"hold it Alex.. just hold it right there.. let me get this straight.. Bob Paris is dead?? Someone killed him??"

"yes Norma.." he stated casually without making any eye contact.

"oh my god!!!" Norma grabbed a fistful of her hair in frustration "what the hell is going on?? Why is everyone dying around me??" she turned towards Alex in anticipation of a logical answer, who was sitting like a log looking straight at the road deadpanned.. then it dawned on her.. "wait.. you told me the DEA was after him and you let him escape.. so how did he..??" before she could finish, his chocolate melting gaze met with her shiny blue orbs and she knew the answer.. Norma felt her heart stop in the ribcage as she realized the dreadful truth.. "no!! no Alex.. you did not..!!" she exclaimed vehemently..

Alex looked away instantly.. he felt exposed.. ashamed and vulnerable.. he never wanted her to know the truth about Bob.. he never wanted for her to think of him as a horrible person let alone as a cold-blooded murderer.. he feared she'd never trust him again despite what he did was only to protect her..