Chapter.4 - Wrapped in Guilt

Hey all.. I know I am fashionably late.. really sorry for that.. had a hectic week! anyway here comes the next chapter.. thanks a tonne for your all support.. keep them coming.. looking forward!

-Sabah.

____________________________________________________________________________

Alex returned home, late in the evening. His guilty conscious was killing him. He kept questioning himself; wasn't there any other way?? Was it necessary to kill him so brutally?? The truth was becoming clear to him; he was transforming into his father; the person he hated all his life. Bob had stated the fact before his death. Alex sighed while pulling in the drive way. The encounter with Babbitt early in the morning had gotten him thrown. He barely felt alive. All he wanted to do was to take a hot shower, creep under the covers and call it a night. However he was not gonna get that anytime soon. As he reached the front porch he saw the hallway lights on. He carefully took his gun out of the hustler and pushed open the unlatched door. It was déjà vu. Like the night Norma broke into his house and they had that heated fight.......... 'It couldn't be her; could it??' Alex thought to himself.

He tiptoed inside the house pointing the gun forward, when Norma hopped off the big black leather sofa, taking him totally off guard.. "Hey Alex! This chair is really comfy"

"Jeeessuuuzz..!!! Seriously Norma??" he wailed at her.

"Whaaaattt?? That glass of that door frame is still broken.. It was taped!! Huh!" she complained.

Alex twisted his head to take a look at it "oh yeah! Yeah! I haven't had the time to fix it."

"Jeez Alex, you should get it fixed.. There could be weirdoes around here trying to sneak inside your house!"

"Yeah, no kidding! Like the one I'm staring at right now!" he scoffed.

"Hey.. I wanted to talk to you. It was important!"

"So?? You couldn't pick out a decent form of communication??" he asked; a smile appearing at the corner of his lips.

"Okay fine! I'll leave then!" an annoyed Norma picked up her purse and turned to leave.

Alex grabbed her by the arms instantly. "Hey! Hey! I was just kidding.. Don't leave.. Stay!" he urged. "To be honest, it's good to see you after the long shitty day I've had!" he saw his smudged image reflected in her crystal blue orbs. A sense of peace washed over him. Maybe that's what felt like to be home; he felt she was his home. "It feels good to have someone waiting for me at my house for a change" he sighed, unwilling to let her go.

Norma dropped her purse on the desk and looked at him intensely. "What's the matter Alex?? Anything serious??" she asked with genuine concern.

"uumm.. No.. No.. Absolutely not! Just had a rough day at work, that's all." He smiled to assure her. He didn't want her to know that his job was at stake because of what he'd done to Bob and most importantly why he had done it. "You tell me.. Sorry, I know you called in the morning. I had been meaning to call you back but like I said, had been held up at work."

"it's about Norman." Clouds of gloominess swapped Norma's glowing face.

Alex could fathom the seriousness in her voice. Every time she spoke about Norman, she seemed to be on the verge of a nervous breakdown but Alex wanted to ease her. "come with me.. we can talk about this over a cup of coffee." he took off his jacket and dropped it on the couch, heading towards the kitchen.