chapter two

-taylor-

Today Calvin, the girls, and I are going Christmas shopping. Austin said he might tag along if he gets the chance.

Calvin and I haven't told the girls that they are officially out daughters. We wanted to save it for Christmas Day.

"C'mon girls! Let's go!" I called. Ava and Grace are precious little angels. They never fought, and always listened when I told them to do something. But obviously, they're kids, so they do have their moments.

The girls came dashing down the stairs because they knew Calvin was coming. They absolutely adore him. "Uncle Calvin!" They screamed latching onto him.

"Hey! What about me?" I pouted. The girls immediately turned around and hugged me. "That's more like it!"

The girls let go of me and went to the kitchen to grab their iPods. I'm a multimillionaire, iPods don't hurt at all.

"Alright, let's go!" I cheered. The girls dashed out the door and into the car.

"Hey baby." Calvin said, pecking me on the lips. "Let's go." I said, as he put his arm around me. Is it weird that we've been dating for almost a year, and he still gives me butterflies over the smallest things?

I sat in the car, and buckled up, putting on Holiday Music. Calvin started to drive to the mall, and I was out within minutes.

••

"Taylor, what about this one?" Calvin asked me. We were trying to find presents for Ava and Grace, who were with Austin at the playground area.

"Yes! Do they have it in Ava's size?" Calvin looked through the shirts on the rack, and nodded. He picked it up, and put it in our little cart.

"Let's get them luggages and backpacks." I suggested. We were getting the girls literally one of everything, and we had the money for it. Calvin had $10,000 with him.

I grabbed a purple monkey luggage for Grace, and a pink monkey luggage for Ava. I grabbed a butterfly backpack for Ava, and a cookie one for Grace. We bought many more things like clothes, stuffed animals, pillows, shoes, toys, and stocking stuffers.

Now, Calvin and I had to go our separate ways and find gifts for each other. I gave the bags to Calvin so he could put them in the car.

I went to the playground section to pick up Ava. Calvin was coming back to get Grace.

"Alright Ava, whatever we buy for Uncle Calvin has to stay as our little secret, ok? We want him to be surprised on Christmas!"

"I know what he's getting you!" She exclaimed.
"Oh really? Don't tell me!!" I exclaimed.
And just as I said that, one of the most unexpected, and scary things happened. Two men dressed in black came and grabbed possessions of mine.
They took Ava, and my purse that contained a check for $10,000.
"The girl or the purse?!" The man in black asked. "Please, take the purse, take it please! It has a check on it, just give her back!"

And so, he threw Ava back into my arms, as I held her with all of my strength. They ran off with my purse, but I couldn't care less.

What just happened?

••
Intense cliffhanger to the chapter! I honestly had no plan for that at all, the idea just popped into my head at the perfect time. Thank you all so much for almost 700 reads! That is absolutely insane!! Thanks! Next chapter-
8 comments
9 votes
stay beautiful💖
chloe