chapter three

Warning: The italicized words are slightly violent, and do involve child abuse. If sensitive, feel free to skip over it.
-ava-
"You gonna go run to your little mommy again? She can't save you this time!" He said with an evil grin on his face.

"Even if you do take me she will find me!" I yelled.

"You're right about that. But, you'll be dead." He said, taking his gun out of his pocket and putting it to my ear.

"NO! PLEASE DON'T LET HIM! NO PLEASE! HELP!" I said waking up and starting to cry.
Taylor and Adam burst through the door to find me holding a stuffed animal and crying my eyes out.
"Oh, sweetheart." Taylor said getting under the covers. "Shhh. Don't cry. The bad guys are gone. Shh." She cooed while stroking my hair.
"Your little hands wrapped around my finger and its, so quiet in the world tonight. Your little eyelids flutter cause you're dreaming so I tuck you in, turn on your favorite night light. To you, everything's funny. You've got nothing to regret. I'd give all I have honey, if you could stay like that." Taylor sung. By then, I fell back asleep in Taylor's arms.

-taylor-
I gently laid Ava back under the covers, and kissed her forehead. It was almost Christmas morning, and poor little Ava probably had no clue of it because of her nightmares. I walked out as Adam gently closed the door behind me.

"Adam, what are we supposed to do about this?" I said. "I don't know. I thought that we could put her into therapy, but she's too young for it."

"We'll figure it out. For now, let's go back to bed, I'm exhausted. " I said leaning onto him.
"AHHH NO PLEASE! SAVE ME NO HELP! PLEASE!" Ava shouted. Adam and I looked at each other and nodded. "Therapy."

••

"GUYS! WAKE UP WAKE UP!" Ava and Grace shouted running into our room. "ITS CHRISTMAS MORNING!" They exclaimed. I yawned and put on my robe, taking my camera out of my nightstand drawer.

"GUYS SANTA CAME HURRY UP!" Grace shouted. We came down the stirs as I set the camera on the tri-pod holder thingy and pressed record. Adam set his phone on the TV stand. "Open Santa's presents first."
The girls opened their two presents from Santa, but there was one more.

"Taylor, it's for both of us!" Ava exclaimed. "Well, open it!" Adam said.

The pulled their matching I love my mommy and daddy shirts out of the bag. "Taylor, I'm confused. We don't have a mommy and daddy. " Grace said.

"Read the card!" I said. "Maybe it'll tell you what it means. Santa already told us what it means." I said. This was it. They're going to find out we are their mommy and daddy.

"Wait!" Ava said, "Are you guys going to be our mommy and daddy?" Ava asked with hope in her eyes. I nodded, with a huge grin on my face.

"MOMMY DADDY!" They shouted latching onto us. They called me mommy. I'm their mommy.

I'm their mommy. I'll be the one to call a mom and invite someone over for their first playdate. I'll be the one to do their hair in a braid for school.I'll be the one to help them with their homework. I'll be the one to help them with bullies. I'll be the one to help them transition into middle school. I'll be the one to help them with their makeup. I'll be the one they'll talk to when they get their first boyfriend. I'll be their shoulder to cry on when they experience their first heartbreak. I'll be the one to help them pick out their wedding dress. I'll be the one to watch their little kids while they go on dates with their husbands.

I'm their mommy.

••
I hope you all enjoyed that chapter! I'm really happy with the way it turned out. Thank you all SO much for 950! I wasn't expecting it at all! I love you guys! Can we get to 1K by 2016? I think it's a possibility!
Happy New Year!
Next chapter-
8 comments
9 votes
stay beautiful
chloe