There was a high level of security; cameras were everywhere. Dr. Wily was probably watching, trying to figure out what he could do to stop us. I tried to run as fast as I could, not letting the weight on my shoulder slow me down. I just wished there was a giant sign that said 'EXIT' in big, lit up letters. I'm not going to lie; I was afraid we wouldn't be able to escape.

I was surprised to see no robots come after me. In fact, nothing was shooting at me, except for a few guns in a select amount of hallways. It worried me, because usually, Dr. Wily would send something big after me. In fact, he always did. Not even my counterpart followed as I rushed down the hallway that led to a door that was opened to the outside.

I paused. The door was open. It was as if he was telling me to leave freely and not be worried about anything. I looked back at the dark lab, hoping the leave was a trap or something. What was happening was strange...

"Well, well, well." I heard a voice calling after me. I turned, trying to see who it was in the dark. I squinted my eyes, staring at where the voice had come from, but I just couldn't see anything. "I had orders to let you go freely, but I finally talked the doctor into letting me come and finish you off!"

I couldn't help but gasp as soon as I heard the voice finish its sentence. I knew right away that it was Quick Man. He had the ability to run fast, and really fast. He was red all over, with what looked like a yellow 'V' on the top of his head. He always seemed to smile in his arrogant way. I wasn't sure that it was as fast as the creature I had in my arms, but it was still annoying and difficult to beat him. "Can't you leave me alone?" I asked. "This guy's, like, really sick. I need to - "

He ran in a circle around me, making faces at me. "Hey, cut it out!" I yelled. He punched me in the face after I made the remark. I was thrown to the ground, the being flying away from me. I thought I saw that he moved, trying to get back up from the ground. I ran to his side, trying to wake him up, but he didn't try to get up or say anything.

While I was distracted, the robot came back and knocked my head to the ground, smashing the side of my head to the ground sharply. I gasped, my head feeling like it had shattered, like the pieces that fell from the helmet.

"You'll never be as good as me, Mega Man." Quick Man said, standing over me, smashing the other side of my helmet with his hard fist. With his shadow over me, it seemed as if he were far superior to me, and I was supposed to ask for mercy, which I would never do in reality. My communicator was in bits, though it might not have been destroyed. The communicator's core systems were deeper into the helmet.

He then grabbed my neck, raising me up into the air. I clawed at his hands, trying to rip him away from me, as anyone would do. At that moment, I knew the city was finished. There were too many strong robots patrolling the streets, some waiting to do something vile. "You're finished." He threw me into the wall, my armor beginning to deteriorate. "And there's nothing you can to do fix anything."

"That may be right." I replied trying to be intimidating. "But you'll never be anything better than Dr. Wily if you can't escape from him."

I braced myself, expecting to be thrown into something, but suddenly, Quick Man fell over, grunting in pain. I stayed where I was, dumbfounded at what could have possibly happened.

The creature was standing behind him, his fist extended, panting. He had made a huge dent into the robot, as big as his fist. Wires sparked from inside of the robot. He was down for good, until Dr. Wily had time to fix him again. After looking up at me, with a look that showed a mixture of worry and confusion, the creature closed his eyes and fell back onto the floor, as if he was exhausted again.

I wondered if I had just imagined that, waiting for a few seconds to see if Quick Man was about to kill me. I couldn't believe what had just happened. Eventually, I unwedged myself from the wall, nearly falling flat on my face, my hands catching me before I fell onto the ground. Carefully and with a slight limp, I went over to the creature, checking to see if he was alright. He was completely out cold, but I could still sense a bit of life left in him. It wasn't much, as if he were on the verge of death. I had to get him home as fast as possible. Dr Light would be able to help him for sure.

I slung his back onto my shoulder, but every movement hurt. The limp crippled me into barely being able to walk, but I pushed myself, knowing Dad could fix anything that went wrong with me. He could fix me if my head got slashed off or if I had been broken into a million pieces.

The creature didn't make any noise or anything, so I had nothing to do but walk in silence and pain. And with nothing to distract me, it was hard to push myself further on and on. The scenery couldn't be seen with the darkness that surrounded it and only reminded me of how Quick man had almost defeated me. I would have never seen my dad again, and most importantly, I would have never seen Roll again, either. And I had someone to thank for fixing that.

Finally, there was a bit of feedback that came through my communicator. I couldn't tell what was happening or who was speaking to me, but I knew the interference had had something to do with Wily, hence the further away I got from his stronghold the more feedback that came through. It took time before it did anything, every moment agony for me and probably my dad.

"Dr. Light?" I asked when there was finally silence in the communicator. I was really glad it wasn't broken. "Are you there?"

For a few seconds, I heard nothing. Then Dad sounded relieved to just hear my voice. "You're okay?!"

"Yeah, just a little bit of damage." I replied. "And the creature wasn't - isn't - a robot. He's a living being! And I have him with me now. He needs help."

"Hang on, and I'll teleport you two so we can speak in peace." Dr. Light said, then continued to bring me back home.

I saw Roll wiping tears on her arm as I came into the room, and I smiled. "Sorry to worry you guys... My helmet needs a bit of repair, but other than that, I'll live."

"I knew you would come back;" Dad replied, "no son of mine would lose that easily."

"Thanks." I replied.

"Is he... dead?" Roll motioned to the creature I was still dragging along.

I shook my head, which seemed to relieve her just a bit. "Dr. Wily was doing something strange though; he was stealing his energy! I don't know how much he got or anything, and it seemed like he let me take him away... The only robot that came after me was Quick Ma on his own account."

"What is Wily planning...?" Dad said to himself. He then shook his head. He pointed to the blue guy. "Let's put him on a bed."

I nodded, then pointed to my left, where there was an empty cot in case Dr. Light needed it for something. It had come in use for a few robots, but it hadn't been used in a while. "Do you want him over there? I don't think he'll harm anyone or anything... He helped me try to fight off the robots. And... And he saved my life again in Wily's castle."

"Yes, put him over there." Dad said. "Then you should get some rest. I'll repair you in the morning. Go and get some sleep."

"Okay." I replied. "Are you sure he'll be okay?"

"Roll, see that he gets to his room okay." He added. "And... I can't promise you anything. But believe me, I'm certainly going to try."

She and I walked alongside each other, being silent. I took the time to change forms, away from my fighting gear. Roll didn't seem to notice; she just kept her eyes on the ground, being careful not to run into a wall.

"I'm sorry I scared you." I replied. "It could have been worse, though. If that guy hadn't caught me when I was falling... And if hadn't helped me outside the doctor's castle."

Roll just sighed. "I wish you didn't have to do this. But if there's no choice, there's no choice. At least you got home safely."

I smiled and hugged her once we had gotten to my room. "Good night, sis."

"Good night, Rock." She said, but she turned away quickly, going to her room and shutting the door. I wondered what she was so mad about. I mean, it's not like I had died. And even though Dr. Wily was out there planning something possibly disastrous, I was fine, Dad was okay and she was doing well. Or had she really been that scared about me never coming back?

I jumped onto my bed once I saw it. My room was small, with books on robots and mechanics and such stuffed into a bookshelf. I didn't really go in my room, except at night or after a long, perilous battle. Rarely did I try to read the books, because I had better things to do.

With a yawn, I closed my eyes, and fell into the void of dreams that Dad had been kind enough to not spare me from as a robot...