New Knowledge of the Past and A Kings Wrath

My first initial reaction was to strike out as I sat up. I heard a grunt off to my left. Looking over at my "assailant" I found myself looking at a Warrior.

"Damn, your looks are deceiving. I didn’t think you could hit that hard." The Warrior stated rubbing his bruising jaw. I stared at him, alert for an attack. In all my years I had never crossed paths with one of these, nor was I ever called to bring out justice for them or against them. They were an honorable race. They dealt with things in honor and integrity. However they were known for their ambushes and sneak attacks.

This Warrior looked kind, and although he was pure muscle he didn’t look the part of a Warrior.

"Hello? Earth to Avenger." He waved his hand in front of my face. I still kept silent but I let his gaze meet my own. We stared each other down but in the end it was him who looked away. I looked him over again, analyzing the kind of person he was. He wore the well known attire of a Warrior, leather pants, no shirt but leather straps that crossed over his tanned chest and abdomen fastening his weapons in place. His Long black hair was held back by a leather strap and his skin was a reddish tan color. His people were great hunters and were very in tuned with nature.

"What is it you need?" I asked deciding to trust this man. His head snapped up and he grinned.

"Well the family is worried about you and wishes for you to return." He stood up and held his hand out to me.

"It time to go either way, you need to get back to your soul." His words registered in my mind before I took his hand. It was time I learned to trust a bit more, he was family after all.

We began to walk back in a comfortable silence, he didn’t push me to speak and I let my thoughts churn within my mind. Finally I could no longer keep silent.

"What kind of woman is my Aunt?" my voice was quiet but I knew he heard me. He was silent for a few moments before he spoke up.

"She is a wonderful mother, quiet, and fragile. Her heart is cracked and she has missed her father and brothers very much." He chuckled and told me something that I would never forget.

"I think she is the one who is most worried about you. She met you once, when you were only a small child she told me that out of all of her nieces and nephews she hoped you survived. She said you were always the brightest of all of them, a true Pure." I thought over that news for the rest of the journey.

_____________________________________________________________________

Kings POV

I pushed my mount harder, the faster I got to the castle the faster I could ring Jade's neck. That bitch had to have known! How dare she hide that from me! A very vital piece of information and she hid it from me!

The castle gates came into view and I let out an animalistic roar. I won't kill her but I will make sure that if she ever thinks of keeping information from me that she will associate it with a pain so powerful she would wish I had just taken her life.

I rode my steed straight to inner citadel's steps before jumping off. As soon as my feet touched the ground I let my rage shine through and with every step I took it became more powerful. The darkest side of me wanted Jades head. We should have been told everything of our mate! Especially that she was an Avenger!

Letting out another mighty roar, I shoved the Seer's doors off their hinges. My rage turned to wrath as I quickly found her not within the wing of the castle. I picked up the closest thing and threw it watching it shatter across the hard stone floor. Yes that is what my darkest side wanted; he wanted to see Jade in the place of the shattered glass, to see her body break and to see her suffer.

"My king!" I whirled on the person who entered ready to strike out, but I stopped short when I saw only my Brother- In- Arms, Mishael. He looked frantic and a bit out of sorts, with his shirt half tucked in, hair a mess and he was carrying his sword. Our gazes met, I saw his concern for me and willingness to do whatever I ordered.

"Find her." I growled out, like the animal I was. He obeyed immediately, not needing to ask who I was referring to. As he left calling out orders for the guard to find that lying worthless lackey! Roaring again I began to destroy everything could get my hands on, seeing if I could sate my rage, if only for a bit.

I lost track of time in my enraged fit, I didn’t care if it was moments or decades, once I saw Mishael dragging a very frightened Jade down the hall to where I stood admits the ruins of the Seer's quarters I felt a vicious and mad grin contort my features.

"Please, Please‼ I beg you, please! Have mercy!" Jade pleaded and screamed all the while Mishael dragged her and threw her at my feet. At least she was smart enough to not touch me, instead she backed away on her hand and knees to afraid to notice the broken glass and other debris biting into the exposed skin of her hands and legs. She whimpered as her back hit one of her work tables, the only one I had left standing.

I took my time walking up to her. She cried out and tried to push herself further into the table as if it would save her from me. I stopped about an arm's length away from her and lowered myself so that I could look her directly in the eyes.

"Jade, Jade, Jade. What will I do with you?" I asked and even then I could hear the madness in my tone. She stayed silent, only whimpering and cowering back. Finally I felt my Darkest side snap. With speed few knew I possessed I had jade up off the ground by her throat. She screamed and tore at my gloved hand. In my enraged state I hadn't changed out of my loose riding shirt, leather breeches, and sturdy boots. My blade hung from my hips and rang out as Jade's struggle made it jolt with the movement.

"Enough." I snarled at her. She stopped flailing but didn't stop trying to loosen my grip around her throat. I brought her face so close to mine our noses barely touched. I made sure I held her gaze before I continued.

"Seer Jade, You will tell me everything you have kept secret from me regarding my mate." I spoke out using the Gift of Kings. A unique power only found in kings that force a person or persons to obey without question. This power is physically draining yet very useful. I released the seer and she crumpled to the floor like a rag. Then I waited until she had enough breath to tell me everything about my mate that she though wise to keep from me.

_________________________________________________________________________