Chapter 1: So We Meet Again

Cyn really didn't want to go out tonight. She never understood the whole New Years thing. She would much rather cuddle on the couch with her girls, getting drunk and watching  the ball drop. Of course they insisted Cyn tag along and she did. She hadn't really gone out too much in the last year or so. She never really did enjoy it too much. Nonetheless she was there, and she looked amazing.

She wore a fitted black long sleeve dress from her NU collection  and a matching pair Jimmy Choo booties. Her girls by her side, of course in something NU as well. She had to promote her brand right?

The three beautiful ladies made their way to their table in VIP. The drinks began flowing immediately and Cyn was actually enjoying herself. A couple other friends joined them within the next hour, one in particular that Cyn had been keeping on the low. His name was Emilio.

They weren't quite dating but Cyn was definitely feeling him, had been for a while. They'd hung out a few times together. Nothing serious, just fun. She made her way over to Emilio, drink in hand as she leaned in to speak. "So I guess Mr.Cool decided to show up. All shaded up and Versaced up" she joked and he graced her with a charming smile.

"You real funny Cyn" he said taking a few sips of his drink before pulling her into his lap. Her eyes grew wide. Mostly because she was worried what her friends were thinking but when she glanced over they were all too drunk and not even paying her any mind.

"Look Emilio you can't just be pulling me in your lap, ya little girlfriends might be watching" she teased rolling her eyes. Now what happened next she hadn't expected to happen tonight. Really she hadn't expected it to happen at all.

"Uh oh, we got Erica Mena in the motherfucking building! Y'all know it's lit now. What up Mena!?"

The Latina tucked  her feathery dark cut behind her ear before giving a small wave to the DJ. She made a B line to the booth quickly grabbing the mic. "We're gonna turn up tonight baby! Mena is back in NYC bitches!" She hugged a few important people around the DJ booth before making her way to a reserved section in VIP.

Cyn could see her ex walking up the stairs. In that moment her heart dropped. Damn this girl never failed to look beautiful...on the outside. Cyn sat up on Emilio's lap and gently slid off.

Erica caught a glance of her ex girlfriend and their eyes locked for a second. Erica gave a troubled smirk, raising the corner of her mouth and winking before heading over to her section.

Cyn had no idea what was going through Erica's head. They hadn't seen one another in over a year and now all the feelings Cyn swore didn't exist were flooding her at once. No matter how shitty of a person or how corny she could be sometimes there was still so many feelings there.

Cyn excused herself from Emilio before rushing over to her girls. "Did you guys plan this?" Cyn asked and they looked genuinely surprised. "Hell no" one responded and the other shook her head. "No, but if you wanna go. We can get out of here C"

Cyn knew Erica had seen her, she didn't want to run out and seem weak. But she did need some air. After letting her friends and Emilio know she grabbed her purse and headed down the vip steps and out the club doors. Cyn really hadn't expected this tonight. For the last year Erica had been on an entirely different coast, not to mention very much engaged to a certain rapper.

Cyn didn't have to worry about running into her. But of course Cyn wasn't blind to the blogs. She knew Erica and Bow weren't together anymore. She told herself that she didn't care what happened with Erica. She spent the last year trying her best to forget about her. So seeing her now, was ruining all of that.

Cyn took a deep breath before turning slightly to enter the club again but a very familiar frame stopped her right in her tracks.

"Hi" she said simply as if the last year never happened. "Hello Erica" Cyn responded before making an effort to move passed her, but of course Erica had other plans. She reached down to grab Cyn's wrist. "Five minutes, that's all I ask"

Cyn wanted to pull away but for the life of her she couldn't. "What...Erica" she said not yet turning to look at the other woman.  "Five minutes Cynthia...can I have that?"

Against better judgement Cyn turned around with complete composure pulling her wrist away from her ex. "Go. Five minutes" Cyn crossed her arms over her chest. Erica was a puppy with her tail between her legs. She knew she'd messed up. Destroyed Cyn's trust, and ruined their relationship. She didn't take full ownership,  in her mind Cyn knew exactly what came with dating her, but in this moment she would take full ownership of she had to. If it would fix things between them.

Cyn was the type of girl that  needed that. Erica knew that. So if she had to sacrifice some pride she would. "Well first off you look...amazing" she said simply. She could see Cyn wasn't here for the compliments. "Look, I don't wanna do this in five minutes. I'd rather do this over dinner at my place. I wanna explain everything if you'd have me"

Puppy dog eyes in tow Erica shifted her stance in a very fitted white pants suit and made sure to not lose eye contact. 

Cyn rolled her eyes, more so at herself because she couldn't deny Erica. As much as she wanted to, she couldn't...she cared about her way too much. "Dinner. Not at your place" Cyn had to keep control. "Tomorrow. That Italian place on 1st. 7:00. We can talk then" she said as she began walking back inside.

Erica was admittedly turned on by Cyn's dominance, although it didn't happen very often. "7:00...I'll be there, and Cyn?" Erica paused taking a cigarette out and putting it to her lips.

"Yeah?"
"Happy New Years beautiful..." She said as she lit it.
"Happy New Years Erica"