Two

II: The Call

THE SOUND of a ringing had me jumping up in bed. Blinking into the darkness, I ignored the cell-phone on my bedside table and flopped back down on the bed. 

"Who is it?" the gorgeous Italian man sleeping beside me asked in a groggy, accented English. 

"I don't know. I'm too lazy to get up and check," I whispered back as i snuggled deeper into the warm sheets. I heard his chuckle as he scooted closer to me and wrapped an arm lazily around my waist. His long fingers lightly dug into the bare skin at my spine before skimming higher up.

"We're already awake. We might as well take advantage of it," he huskily murmured against my skin as his mouth trailed down my neck. 

"What did you have in mind, Mr. Russo?" I asked playfully as my hands knotted in Dante's hair and my head turned to give him better access. 

It was then that the phone rang again. Deciding to ignore it again, Dante rolled us over so that he now hovered above me. "I have an idea or two."

A flirty smirk played on my lips as his face leaned forward. When our lips were but an inch away, the stupid phone rang again. 

Sighing, I gently pushed him off. Dante landed next to me on the unkempt with a groan as I stood up to pick up the phone. "

"Pronto?" I practically shouted into the phone. Not only did this rude person on the phone call at 3:30 in the morning and woke me up, but he or she also interrupted Dante and I. And just when things were about to get good. 

"Excuse me?" the feminine voice on the other side of the line said. 

"This is Elle Chevalier. With whom do I have the pleasure of speaking to at three in the morning?" I said through my teeth. 

"Oh, dear! Eleanor please forgive me! I was just so excited to see your name on the R.S.V.P. list that I quickly picked up the phone to ring you, overlooking the six hour time difference."

"Simone?" I asked as I swept a hand down my face, rubbing my eyes in the process. Maybe I was still dreaming and my mind created this vision to freak me out about the wedding even more. 

Her shrill laugh rang out of the speaker and I rolled my eyes. Really, what was funny about my confusion? We haven't spoken in years and then all of a sudden she invites me to her wedding and even rings to thank me for R.S.V.P.ing....that's not even a word. It's much too early for this crap.

"Oh course it's me, Eleanor! Who else do you know that's silly enough to call you in the middle of the night?" No one that lives in the other hemisphere, I thought bitterly in my head. 

"No one else but you, Simone." I said in a sarcastic tone. She knew as well as I that no one, not even my grandmother, has contacted me since I left the U.S almost six years ago.

"Eleanor, we have so much to plan! I just cannot wait until you come. We've got to get your measurements as soon as possible, and add you to the bridal party as well as the reception!"

"Erm Simone? Can we maybe speak when It's not...you know, the middle of the night?"

"Oh, how terribly inconsiderate of me. You must be exhausted, Eleanor. When shall I ring you again?" Rolling my eyes at her Miss. Proper-little-lady language, I mentally calculated when was a good time for both of us to speak. 

"Call at ten o'clock  a.m. your time. It'll be mid afternoon for me here." 

"Until then, Eleanor dear! Sleep well!" Yeah, that's likely.