Chapter 3

While on the plane from Chicago to Miami I couldn't stop thinking about how the family was going to be. Were they going to like you? Will I be treated like a normal person? Will I be in the family or like a guest while I live there?

"Fasten your seat belts while we prepare to land." the Pilot said,  I started to get nervous Why am I nervous?

After about 15 minutes, I was finally getting all my bags which was one small bag. This is seriously the biggest airport i've ever been in. And I've been in many airports. Okay, she is suposse to be holding a sign that says Payton Reeves, simple enough. 

Not her.

Not her.

Not her.

Not her.

OH MY GOSH SHE'S GORGEOUS!!!

"Are you Jamie?" I ask her and her face instantly lights up.

"Yes! Oh My heavens you are beautiful. My you have grown! I think the last time I saw a picture of you you were what 12? You sure look like your mother. Well, anyway how bout we star out with a hug? Huh?" she asked and I nodded. Oh, I miss hugs. "Well, why don't you put your bags in the car and we head home? How does that sound?" she asked.

"Sounds great." I say. I stop abruptly when I see her car. I want this car! "Is this yours?!"

"Yes honey. Close your mouth you will catch flies." She said hopping into her red porshe. I nodded and got into the passenger seat.

"So, tell me about yourself. And I'm sorry I lost touch for a while there alot was happening around that time."

"It's okay. I was all over the place. I am sixteen. My favorite color is silver and light blue. I love to draw and love kids. I'm the basic teenage girl. Except I don't drink or do drugs," I mentioned the last part to be a joke and she laughed.

   "The room we have for you will be perfect. I used to draw when I was your age too. And don't worry about that honey, no one in this family drinks or does drugs. At least my sons don't while I'm around and if I catch them they are grounded for life," Jamie says but I can see the smile trying to creep on her face.

   The something catches my attention. "Jamie, how many kids do you have?"

"You'll see," She said not giving me even a hint. That was frustrating.

    It wasn't that long of a drive to the house. Jamie and I made comfortable conversation on the way and that calmed my nerves a bit. Jamie told me we where almost there and as we rounded a corner and besides the huge driveway...I saw this wonderful glass house. I had never seen a house so beautiful in my life. My mouth was hanging open as I stared at it through the window. 

    "Welcome to your new home Payton," Jamie said as we pulled up.

I got out of the car and looked at the house before grabbing my bag. I couldn't wait to see the inside. We came to the front door and as we stepped in I was already in awe of the massive chandelier hanging above the door. There was an entry hallway and from there I could hear loud noises coming from a room Jamie had just went into. I followed quietly behind her as I took in the sight of the massive living room.

  "This is our living room," Jamie said our like it was partially mine too.

    Then she walked around a wall to the snack area. I couldn't really call it a kitchen because it only had cabinets, a bar, and a sink.

    "Boys! Get down here!" Jamie yelled and I sat on a stool and prepared myself.

Two little boys came running into the kitchen and I thought that was all, but no. Three more older looking guys walked into the kitchen. One was sweaty with basketball shorts and no shirt, he had  dark brown looking hair and dark brown eyes. The second one looked like the first boy except he was in jeans and a t-shirt...but man did he make that t-shirt look mighty fine. His hair was lighter than the first boys but his eyes were a mix of blue and green. I was definitely looking forward to living with him. And the third and final boy looked about my age and had dark hair also but didn't look like the other two boys.