Dinner

-Mark's POV-

".... And that's," Sean stated proudly, "Why you never, challenge me to a video game contest."
I shook my head in disbelief, shocked that he had beaten me a total of 24 times.
"You're just a dirty, dirty cheater," I waved my finger in his face and laughed.
It was adorable the way he got riled up over little things like this, as he went on about the game mechanics and proving how he didn't cheat.
"You can cheat on anything you want actually," I shrugged.
"But-"
"As long," I looked at his confused face and smirked. "As you're not cheating on me."
He turned away and I could here him giggle to himself.
"I knew you were going to say that."
"Sure you did..."
I moved close to him again, and pulled his waist towards me.
Sean looked at me so innocently, so sweetly, a look that was so different than I was used to.
"Why are you looking at me?" He questioned.
"You're just so cute I couldn't help it," I replied and kissed his nose.
Who knew I could be even remotely attracted to a boy like him?
I genuinely enjoyed being around him, I felt so relaxed when we were together.
He was unlike my other "accomplishments". I thought of it like a game, seeing how many people I could win over. They had no idea of this and walked right into my trap. I had my fun and then moved on. Each "relationship" lasting for a few weeks at most. I know how cruel it is, to fool people like that. Although I have no idea whatsoever, of why I do it.
It pained me to think of breaking his heart like I do to the others. Holding him close like this made me inexplicably happy.
I started to have second thoughts. I wanted to keep him and love him so much, but the commitment scared me. This would be my first "real" relationship with anyone, ever.
Was I ready?
Let's hope so. (AN: for the sake of our hearts you better be.)
Awhile later we heard a yell from the kitchen that signaled that dinner was ready.
Sean leaped out of my arms and raced to the door. I followed him and we walked out.
There was quite the spread, the table was filled with an assortment of vegetables, potatoes and steak. I selected what I wanted and sat down next to my-now-boyfriend.
"Mind telling us a little about yourself?" His father asked.
"Sure," I replied. "My names Mark;you already knew that though. I'm a sophomore." I quickly added, "And I get really good grades too."
Both parents looked pleased to hear that.
Sean looked over at me skeptically, detecting my lie about my grades. To which I smiled confidently back.
There was silence while we all ate our meals.
"So Mark, what's your home life like? Siblings, parents, all that." His mother asked.
"I have a sister, but she's in collage now. And my parents are great."
It wasn't a lie that I had a sister, but everything else was bullshit. She wasn't in collage at all right now after she got kicked out. She had never exactly been a good girl but had never caused any big trouble. That is, until it turns out she had been turned into a drug mule for all of her high-school friends. You can bet she was invited to a lot more parties after that. When collage rolled around Elise found herself caught in a dangerous spider web. One bad deal lead to another and now she's in some prison in Poland.
As for my mother and father, you could say things weren't the best.
Both have to work multiple jobs to support us. They don't have time for me. I don't blame them, it's not their fault. But every once in awhile I'll find myself wishing things could go back.
Suppose I've coped this long though, I'll make it.
Sean (who I often timed call by his nickname, Jack) was looking at me expectantly and I assumed someone had said asked me something.
"Did I.. Miss something?"
His father repeated himself, "Do your parents want you home at a particular time?"
I was getting more and more uncomfortable and nodded my head, saying I had to be back at my house in 20 minutes.
They all understood and his mother assured me that I was welcome anytime and I was a joy to have (you know how mom's do that).
"Let me walk you home," Jack insisted worriedly as I slid on my shoes and walked towards the door.
I wanted to comforted him, wrap him up and tell him I was okay. Instead I found satisfaction in making him flustered once more.
"Angels aren't meant for this weather."
His parents were busy in the kitchen, and I didn't worry if they had heard me or not.
Sean flipped me off and laughed.
As soon as I opened the door the brisk fall air enveloped around me and I wished to be back in the warm home.
I gripped onto the warmth as I continued to my own home.
When I arrived my parents seemed happy for once.
They sat on the couch together, snuggled up and looking at a small paper in my mother's hands.
"What's up?" I asked.
They looked so overjoyed and turned the paper to me.
It was a picture.
An ultrasound picture.

---
Yep,its me.
Its been forever since I've updated. I've been really sick and just needed a break. I'm feeling better now so I should be getting back into the swing of things.
So I'm better now.
How are all of you?
Anyway, I hope you liked this chapter and I will see you in the next update! Buh-bye!
---