* * * *

Everyone had a sombre expression that reflected just how terrifying they considered Lord Voldemort to be. The aforementioned Dark Lord was sitting on something more resembling a throne than a chair, shooting chilling glares at some of the Death Eaters, informing them of the Crucio they'd be shortly receiving.

Avery shuddered and looked down, his complexion ghastly and his eyes wide with fear. He had failed both the tasks his master had trusted him with in the last two months, he knew he's be punished but he couldn't have anticipated the dark mood his master would be in, or the promise of suffering beyond human comprehension in those glinting red eyes.

Even his loyal servant Bellatrix, who could no matter what look at the Dark Lord with awe, had her head lowered and her hands folded into her lap, managing for once to look almost like a normal person.

The air was heavy with fear, the tension palpble, and everyone at the table waited stiffly for Voldemort to begin the meeting.

"My loyal followers," he began solemnly, "As of today nothing stands in the way of my greatness. The Potter boy... doesn't pose a threat anymore, and the prophecy has been thwarted. Some of you-"

A loud infant's giggle resonated in the stone walls of the Manor.

Voldemort's serpentine face twitched.

"-some of you have not ccomplished what I had requested of them. I am talking about you, Avery. If you dare fail one more time-"

Another giggle. Voldemort ignored it.

"-one more time, I will Imperio you, make you dance naked in the street, force you to pluck away all of your teeth one by one, Crucio you, and only then I will kill you. Have I made myself clear?"

The Dark Lord had tried to act nonchalant about it, but the Death Eaters were whispering and looking around in search of the source of those noises.

"Y-Yes, my Lord," answered Avery a bit dubiously. "Was that a baby's voice...?"

"NO" Voldemort growled, but he was partly covered by Harry's loud giggles.

And that was how the Death Eaters found out about Harry.

* * * *

"Oh my God. You really kept him!" breathed Bellatrix on Harry's face, sounding like a doting Aunt and looking like a demented shark, "he's so cute! Aren't you? Aren't you?"

It was probably the first time her horrible, mock baby voice was directed at an actual baby.

"Yes, well, I'm not keeping it because I want to. I find myself forced to keep an eye on him because of certain circumstances that leave him with a fragment of my soul," clarified Voldemort, although no one was listening to him in favor of huddling around Harry's improvised crib and make cooing noises.

Lucius patted the Dark Lord on the shoulder understandingly.

"I have a one-year-old son, too. Tough shit,"

Dolohov, known sadist and ruthless murderer, gasped and turned a horrified, reproaching look at them. "No bad words around the baby!"

"Wow," said Mulciber, touching the infant's cheek gingerly "it's really Harry Potter,"

"Yes!" cooed Narcissa tickling Harry, who gurgled enthusiastically, "And look at these green eyes! I can't wait to dress him up,"

"Do you think he can talk?" asked Macnair excitedly "hey, try to say Walden. It's my name. W-a-l-d-e-n," he instructed.

"Gah,"

"Wal-den" he enunciated slowly.

"Waw-haw"