1. Back To Life

Hearbreak. That is the only word describing how I felt after...Caleb. After my amazing brother died. All I have left is my younger sister Hayley. I love Hayley, I do! But Caleb supported me through it all, and Hayley doesn't know what I am going through.

Mommy wants us to go back to normal. What is normal for us? Normal is gymnastics daily, homeschooling, work, travelling, and YouTube. But our normal also involves baseball games and Minecraft! How can we be normal without Caleb to do those things?

"Annie! Liv's picking you up in thirty minutes! Let's move!" Mommy's voice rang through the halls. I silently groaned as I pulled on my coral leotard and Nike pros. I had to go to gymnastics practice now. Ever since Caleb died, that spark I always feel about gymnastics has died. I no longer anxiously wait for practice. Instead, I just go. I have been falling a lot more that usual, too.

At The Gym

"Alright girls! Let's stretch!" Coach Mary called out. I plopped down next to Arden, a girl I invite over a lot but don't know super well. I am usually spending time with Katie or Liv. 

A girl, who I am also good friends with, named Amanda, raises her hand as I break into a straddle. "Yes Amanda," Coach Mary says, therefore giving her the okay to speak. 

"Annie doesn't like gymnastics anymore. She should definitely leave." I felt shock zap through my body. That was one of my biggest secrets I thought I could trust Amanda with! Then, from beside me, I heard Arden start talking.

"What are you talking about Amanda? I just talked to Annie before class and she said she loved gymnastics!" Amanda's face turned red and she silently leaned over to stretch more.

I gave Arden a small whisper of "thank you!" and she flashed me a silver smile through her braces. 

I looked at Arden. She reminded me of an older version of Hayley with her curly hair and braces. But I will have to remember to repay her.