The Demand (2)

The werewolf set his jaw straight and glared at me.

"Indeed it is." He said and I couldn't help but move my bow to cover up more of my body.

"Peyton!" The Shaman boomed, "How dare you break the code!"

"Sorry," I muttered and the werewolf laughed.

"What is so funny mutt?" I said not holding back my tongue. The Shaman sighed yet again and I looked down at the ground in shame.

"Oh nothing I am just thinking over my demands one last time, and watch what you call the alpha of a werewolf pack."

"What would you need demands for?" I asked and he smirked.

"To bargain the life of your leader with, my darling." He said and before I could blink he had his hands wrapped around the Shaman's neck. I lifted my bow instinctively and gave a threatening glance at the monster.

"Stop being such a dramatic puppy and tell me what you want." I said and he laughed sharply.

"I've never been called that before. Tell me little girl, am I a cute puppy or an adorable puppy?" He teased me.

"You are a freaking annoying puppy!" I yelled and pulled back on the string of my bow.

"You." He said and I dropped my bow.

"Excuse me?" I asked confused.

"I want you to come with me, and in return I will leave this village, never come back, and spare the Shaman's pathetic life." He said sharply and I took a step back.

"No," I whispered. How could he put me in that kind of position. The Shaman shook his head no at me and I fought back the urge to curl into a ball and cry.

"Alrighty then." The werewolf said and began to strangle the Shaman.

"Wait, wait, wait." I yelled running up to him when the Shaman's face began to turn a ugly red.

"Let go of him." I said grabbing onto the werewolf's arm.

"What was that?" He teased me and I glanced at the Shaman's now purple face.

"I'll go with you alright! Now please let him go." I said and the werewolf let me pull his arms away from the Shaman's neck. I collapsed into the werewolf who held me upright and smiled. I glared at him through tears.

"Let's go then." He said and then howled loudly. I covered my ears and so did the Shaman.

"My men are called off." He said and I only nodded before standing upright. I wiped away my tears and grabbed my bow from the ground.

"You won't be needing that little girl." He said and rolled his eyes but I stood straighter.

"If I am coming with you, I get to bring my bow and arrows." I said and the werewolf shrugged.

"Whatever." He grabbed my arm and dragged me outside of the Shaman's house. I kicked him in the shin and he let go of me and glared.

"What the hell was that?" He asked, his eyes glazed in anger.

"I can walk on my own, I don't need your help." I said and began walking again.

"Other way darling." The werewolf chuckled and I blushed. I spun around and followed him in the other direction. I looked at all the villagers I had known since birth. My eyes scanned the rows of people watching the wolves and me walk away for my parents. They stood there along with my twelve year old sister and I bit my lip and blinked rapidly.

Once we exited my village I watched all the werewolves stop and form a circle.

"Ok since I am a man of my word, no one is to hunt around this village, if you are found hunting around this area you will be sentenced to jail. Now lets go home everybody." The alpha said and I watched all there bodies ripple, howls erupted and I stared in awe at the twenty or so wolves in front of me.