Chapter 12! (E1)

SoooOoo sorry for the cliffhanger.  I am really liking this story and I'm glad at least a few people out there are too :D  I know it isn't that popular but that's okay.  Sorry this is short I'm hoping to update really soon like again today or tomorrow I just felt like it ended better at this point than later.  :D Enjoy love you all :D

Chaptere 12 :D

Kota's POV

"Do you think your mom's death was an accident?"

No, I always thought it was suspicious, the way the car accident happened, according to how my brother described it was off. 

 But did I really think someone killed my mother? The woman that made my life make sense, the woman who got me through anything I had to get through... I don't know.

"Ma'am you have to answer the question." I was shaken from my thoughts to see everyone looking at me in shock. 

 I felt tears sting my eyes and took a noticeable deep breath. "I- I mean I guess the way the accident happened seemed off to me but I mean I don't really know what else could of happened." I nervously stuttered my voice sounding shot. 

 "Yes or No?" The attorney questioned. 

 "How does this involve my father's drinking behavior?" I questioned agitated. 

 "Mr. Rennals make your point." The judge bellowed. 

 "Your father was never treated with having his wife murdered. He didn't get the treatment he needed for that, he got a funeral that gave him debt." The attorney said sympathetically to my father. 

 "No, my mother being murdered wouldn't have changed anything! She would still be dead, he would still drink, and that would make him violent." I replied clenching and unclenching my fist. 

 "She has a point Mr. Rennal's." The judge agreed. "Okay, next question. What if your mother was alive?" He asked smirking slightly at me. 

 I gasped softly my face losing color. She couldn't be... she wouldn't leave us... "Th- that's impossib-ble." I stuttered getting nervous. 

 "What if your mother left planning this whole thing to ruin your father, therefore making this all her fault and not his." Mr. Rennals continued talking but I couldn't hear anything. 

 I had a look of pure shock on my face. "If she did that would it still be your father's fault?" He asked tapping the wooden post near me. 

 "Yes, because if my mother left she left for her safety. And it is his responsibility not to hit his children. If he was a good parent his kids would be loved." I said my voice slipping toward the end. 

"BULL SHIT! YOUR MOTHER NEVER LOVED YOU GUYS HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO!? YOU COST SO MUCH MONEY TO RAISE AND FOR WHAT? SO YOUR MOTHER CAN LEAVE US TO DIE?!" My dad yelled standing from his seat. 

 I squeaked at the sudden volume of his voice a few tears slipping. I didn't bother wiping them I just let them silently roll off my cheeks. 

 "Mr. Foster sit down!" The judge ordered. "Now, Mr. Rennals do you have any REAL questions for this girl?" He asked obviously taking sympathy to me. 

 "Okay okay, Miss. Foster did you in anyway encourage his behavior or push him to take action the way he did?" He asked looking at my face for any wavering. 

 I blinked twice confused. "No, I didn't do anything." I stated running a finger under my eye. "And your father just randomly attacked you for no reason?" He pushed.