I. A New Kind of Confrontation

Start from the beginning

After keeping his eyes shut for a long amount of time, he feel into his sleep full of confusing dreams...

A blast very close to the hedgehog woke him, and, startled, he jumped to his feet without the use of his hands, facing his attacker. He was stunned. "You're... you're just a kid!" He exclaimed, in a bit of a questioning tone. The attacker's eyes were blue and he was dressed in a light blue armor, a special helmet sitting on his head.

"Why did Dr. Wily send you here?" The kid said. He looked angry, as if something bad had recently happened. Either that, or he was seriously not happy about someone he didn't know on his turf.

Sonic thought for a moment. That sounded a lot like Dr. Eggman... "Who did you say? Dr... Wily? Never heard of him, honest."

The boy pointed his blaster at the hedgehog, ready to shoot. "Tell me why you're here."

Sonic tried to explain what had happened, but the robot didn't seem to believe him. His expression never changed and he was intent. "...And so I conked out for the night up here!"

For a second, the gun lowered, as if the guy was processing what he was saying. He studied Sonic carefully. The lights on his helmet blinked, and some sort of noise was coming from the pieces on the side.

Then, there was a second, more powerful blast. From behind the hedgehog, there was a group of robots, bigger, and probably better, than the robot that stood in front of him. "You a good guy or bad guy?" He asked the blue bot.

"You brought back-up!" The kid said, blasting Sonic with a small, yellow ball of energy. His arm stung as it touched him, but the sensation went away relatively quickly. The problem wasn't that there were a bunch of people attacking Sonic; it was that he didn't know who to help attack.

"We're just here for him." A robot from the group pointed at the hedgehog. Sonic thought that they must've been the villains.

"I'm supposed to take him to Dr. Light after I disable him." The robot kid answered.

"Disable?!" Sonic questioned, not wanted to know what that meant.

"Dr. Wily saw him first!" A robot protested as if he was a little kid fighting over who did something wrong.

At that moment, all Hell broke loose. The group attack the kid, so Sonic decided to help him, seeing as he was gravely outnumbered, and he was pretty sure which side he wanted to be on.

There was a heavy guy Sonic tried to jab his fist into, but the action jarred the bones in his arm renderless. It wasn't broken, but the pain in his wrist through his shoulder was terrible.

Instead, he took a different approach. He used spin dashes and kicks to the face in order to try and defeat them. He seemed to be doing considerable damage, but they were powerful as well. None of them really focused on Sonic much, however, and none seemed to question his speed.

Sonic gasped as he noticed the building was shaking and starting to fall apart. Only a few of the robots were down with four more to be defeated. The kid had chinks of his armor missing and a giant hole in his chest. Whatever was inside of him didn't seem to be damaged, but he looked like he was about to fall over. And he knew nothing about robots that had emotions.

Slowly but surely, Sonic had defeated another one of the robots, looking behind him as the robot kid screamed. A corner of the building had torn itself away from the rest, taking the kid with it. Unable to resist helping, Sonic dashed off the building, flying towards what used to be his enemy, grabbing his hand and being able to barely land on a small ledge of bricks that were still standing.

"Why...?" The robot asked, but Sonic ignored him; Sonic was glad that he had probably proved whose side he was on.

"Hold... on!" Sonic grunted, trying to pull the robot up. But, being as he was a robot, he wasn't incredibly light.

A robot behind him laughed, "Dr. Wily will be pleased." With that, he shot Sonic on his back, blasting him off the building.

But Sonic wasn't about to give up. He caught onto a small window sill with his other hand, the robot still in the grasp of his other. His back stung, begging him to give up. "Can't you fly?!" He shouted to it, his grasps and strength both beginning to fail.

The robot looked a bit ashamed. "My dog can, but I can't unless I copy an ability that could let me..."

"Robots here aren't made the same way, I guess." Sonic replied to himself.

"What's that supposed to mean?!" The robot replied, but Sonic didn't listen, just trying to find a way to save them both.

Sonic would have tried to let them fall to the ground, but they were much too far away from it. The people gathered all together on the ground seemed smaller than ants. In a last ditch effort, he spun his feet as quickly as they would go, almost propelling him up the wall. He was able to land himself and the kid back onto the rooftop safely, though the robot was bewildered. "How did you-"

He was stopped short by a robot that looked very similar to him grabbing him by his small, skinny neck. It really looked just like the robot Sonic had saved, but it had red eyes and a blue scarf wrapped around its neck.

"Dr. Wily let me come along, Mega Man." The robot said, throwing Sonic away. "He said he wanted my skills personally for this."

Sonic grabbed a rock, flinging it at the robot-fake, turning its smile towards him. "And you." It said. "Dr. Wily will be very pleased..."

He shoved what Sonic believed to be Mega Man through the rest of the roof, and when Sonic tried to spindash into the enemy, he bounced off an electric field that seemed to protect him. The attack was then turned onto Sonic, seeing that Mega Man seemed to have been damaged too badly to continue. Sonic didn't like the thought of losing in a world he wasn't accustomed to, for reasons other than his pride dropping.

With nothing else to do, Sonic attempted to wear the robot out, maybe so that it would lower the shield or make him retreat. For minutes, Sonic sidestepped, ducked, jumped and otherwise dodged his attacks, then tried to attack, the shield only seemed to get stronger.

"You'll never wake up again!" The robot said, and with a flash of blinding pain, Sonic fell, barely able to see his enemy through his blurry vision. As his hand came towards the battered hedgehog, he passed out, knowing that his next adventure was going to be hard and perilous.