Chapter 15

Once Jay and I were done with the animal videos, we went to sit on the couch with Siva and Nareesha. Nathan and Shelby had gone to their bunk to sleep. Tom and Kelsey were in the bathroom. Meanwhile, Max was talking with Nano. I think that they were talking about me.

"What do you think you and Max are going to do tomorrow?" Siva asked me.

"I don't know. I think that he is talking to Nano about that, right now." I told Siva. He smiled and looked at Nareesha. She had fallen asleep in his arms. I thought that it was really cute. I then felt the bus take a turn to the right. I looked at Jay and he seemed a little concerned. Then the bus stopped. Jay and I got off of the couch and we walked to the front of the bus.

"I am sorry, but I am really hungry. I thought that you guys were too." He told us. I then looked out the front window and I saw that he had stopped at a burger place. I smiled at Jay and he looked at the back of the bus. I then ran down the bus and to Nano's room. I opened the door and I saw that Max and Nano were talking. They looked up at me and Max smiled at me.

"We have stopped at a burger place. I was just coming to let you two know." I told them. I then left the room.

"I swear Max, she is your daughter all the way." I heard Nano tell Max. I saw that Tom and Kelsey were with Jay, Siva, and Nareesha. I went to Nathan and Shelby's bunk, to wake them.

"Hey, Nathan, do you want to get something to eat?" I asked him. He groaned and I saw Shelby pop her head up from the other side of Nathan.

"I smell burgers." She said. Her texan accent was really strong when she said that. I chuckled a little and she smiled at me.

"Come on, Nath. It is time to get up." She told him. I saw him look at her and he scowled.

"Fine, let's go. He said to her. I moved out of the way and the two of them rolled out of the bunk. Shelby then walked to the front of the bus. She grabbed her purse and walked out.

"Is she always like this?" I asked Nathan. We then exited the bus with the others. I could see that Shelby was already inside and she was looking at the menu.

"Only when it comes to burgers." He said with a chuckle. We walked into the resturaunt and got our meals. Nareesha and Jay got a salad while the rest of us got burgers. We ate inside. I saw that the people in the building didn't know who we were. Shelby, Nano, and I had to do all the talking, because they couldn't understand the others. I thought that it was interesting. I then started to wonder if it would be the same in Las Vegas.

When we were done, I saw that some of them stayed seated. I looked around to see if there was some reason that we weren't getting up. I saw that there was no reason for us to be still here. I then looked at Max and I got his attention.

"What are we still doing here?" I asked him. He smiled at me and messed with my hair.

"We are enjoying the peace and quiet. We don't get it much in busy cities." He told me. That would explain why we lived away from the big cities.

"Okay, then." I told him. I then saw the old blue car that Aaron and Randy drove. It pulled into the parking lot and they walked in. I decided that I was going to act like I didn't recognize them. Shelby and max did the same thing. They got their meal and I saw that they were pretending like they didn't know us either.

"Hey, we are going to go back to the bus." Max told Nano. He let us go and we walked out of the building, quickly.

"I am glad that they are watching you. Now I know that you are really safe." Max told me as we entered the bus. I walked over to the little kitchen and I looked in the fridge. I saw that there was beer in there.