Chapter 31: Unsaid Feelings!

Start from the beginning

Of course, I started with my waterworks. "I'm sorry. You never spoke to me. You never touched me. I felt that you're being distant. So obviously the first thought that came into my mind is that you would've lost interest in me. And the reason for that could be a girl, given your ex reputation, I mean I automatically thought so. And again I guessed it could be Natasha, because you've been acting differently since.... your kiss" I said with hatred.

"Oh Cara. Why don't you always tell me anything that's going on in your mind? I always have to assume.. I can't even guess what's happening in your little mind" he said coming and kneeling infront of the couch to hold both my hands..

"I wanted to.. I thought as soon as you come home. I'll talk to you. But it's your fault as well. You never answered me. Instead you called me a 'typical nagging girlfriend'!" I said feeling the tears at bay again.

"I didn't mean that. I'm sorry.. I just wanted you to forget the topic somehow. Little did I know that you'd threaten me saying you'd jump from the balcany?" He said with narrowed eyes. I just shrugged it off.

"Don't lie to me ever again. It's alright if you don't want to spare me the details. Atleast tell me what it is about" I was saying and he was nodding to everything. "I got so scared. You had never ever screamed at me like that. Ever! You told I'm a nagging girlfriend..... and then in the hospital I got so scared that you'll scold me for being careless again. That you'd not want the ba-" I was gonna say baby but thank god I stopped right there. And he didn't understand anything!

"I'm sorry babe. You're not a typical nagging girlfriend. I just.. I wanted you to keep quiet a not ask me any question. That was the best way to... anyways I'm sorry and the doctor said you were too stressed out causing low blood pressure. And I gave you the name card right? We have to visit that doctor tomorrow and we can collect your reports before that..." he said. Sometimes I think it's not me that's innocent. I feel like Daniel is so naive.

"Daniel I have to tell you something" I said and he nodded to that like a good boy. I picked the blanket and kept it in his hand and picked up my pillow and his hand with my other hand. We reached our room, our room. "Come sit" I made him sit on the edge of the bed and kneeled infront of him and held his hands after keeping the blanket and pillow on bed.
I hope he'll take in the news well. Last time he did take it well. But I was acting like a bitch......

"Oh wait! Don't think that I've already forgiven you ok" I said strictly and he had a smug look on his face. I sighed sadly thinking about all the other times he has hurt me. He hugged me from the side, his silence curiously asked me questions. "Remember..... the first time we met at the club.. actually... after the club, the next day you were being so rude to me. I felt like I was a bad lay may be because of that you were giving me the cold shoulder. And then Natasha's arrival prooved my doubts right. The next day when we met to exchange our phones, you said I could be a gold digging whore. For the first time after dad's death, I felt like I had nothing, no one to protect me. When Nick arrived at our house that morning, you screamed at me for no reason. Then at the supermarket you yourself told me that I could call myself your girlfriend and when I did, you scolded me because that person turned out to be your mother. As if I had a dream that she was your mother. And then that night, you told Nick that I'm nothing to you. It hurt. A lot. But somehow I knew I had no right to be angry with you or to make you try hard to earn my forgiveness. And I gave in so easily all the time. Every time. Then that holiday to Greece taught me a lot. I got to know you don't trust me at all. And then what's her name? Lily? Lillian? You told her I'm your secretary after I had confessed to you that I love you.... and you say I think you're a monster because that day I said you might leave me and want me to abort the child that wasn't even there. You've given me so many reasons to not trust you, to think that you're a monster. Last time I left I would have stayed at Kate's. But I wanted to leave today. Run away from the hospital. Away from you." I said the last few sentences looking into his eyes. I finally said it out loud to him. All my unsaid feelings. All the betrayal and hurt I felt.