Chapter 13: The Cure Is YOU!

Daniel's POV

She's fine. She's fine?! That's what the doctor said. Then why the hell would she faint?! That's what I asked him.

"There's nothing to worry about. She's really fine. She just fainted because of stress, weakness. Just see to it she eats alot and on time. She should be able to wake up any time now and then you can take her home. I'll just write a prescription for her." I nodded and turned towards her.

I sat on the bed towards her right. What could have stressed her so much? Was it me? Obviously it's me! I've been torturing her since I brought her to stay with me. I don't even remember her having breakfast!

I hear some shuffling and see that Cara is waking up.

"Hey! Are you fine?" I asked her in a whisper voice.

"Yeah... what happened?" She asked.

"You fainted. And the doctor said you were stressed and you need to eat" I said with worry.

"OH!" She said as if something clicked in.

"Cara! Did you have breakfast?" I asked with hidden anger. I don't want to scare her in the state she already is in.

"No.... I mean so much happened yesterday so I did'nt have time to. And then by the time we came back to your cabin.. lunchtime was over." She said.

"I was actually asking about today's breakfast. Anyways, thanks for informing. If you hadn't had breakfast and lunch yesterday. I'm sure you would'nt have had dinner as well?" I ask when I already know the answer.

"Yeah...." she says sheepishly.

As soon as we collected her prescription I took her to my hotel.

"Where are we going" she asks.

"To the hotel, to feed you!" I say with anger clear in my voice. She should have told me. She did'nt eat coz of me. She fainted cause of me. Now I will take care of her!

Caroline's POV

"Are you angry with me" I asked him.

"No" he said not even looking at me.

"I know you're angry with me. But why...?" I asked pulling his hand in my lap.

"Why? Why?! Your asking me why Caroline. What if something would've happened to you. I brought you to my house. I promised your brother. And it was my responsibility to look after you. You did'nt even bother to tell me that you had'nt eaten since a whole day!" He screamt.

"You don't have to look after me, I'm not a kid!" I say exasperated.

"Well your no less than one" he said looking at me straight into my eyes.

"A kid? No one asked you to take care of one. You know why I did'nt bother to tell you that I had'nt eaten the entire day? Coz you were the one to say I was bothering you and that that was annoying?! Remember!? So please! Stop acting like your worried about me cause I know your not. And stop pretending that you care for me." I said in a single breath.

He was glaring at me. If looks could kill I would be 6 feet under the ground right now.

After that we did'nt speak a word. There was an awkward silence. I could'nt tolerate that and I climbed out of the car as soon as we reached his hotel.

He literally dragged me all the way to our table cause I could'nt keep up with his long strides. I did'nt even give any attention to what he ordered. And that's the mistake I did cause he practically shoved everything the waiter brought into my plate.