Chapter Twelve

Bella POV

"I said to leave me alone Jane!" I screamed in her face and continued to rush to my chambers before feeding time.

"Isabella, you're only upset because you know I am right!" She sing-songed, still following right behind me.

"Jane, I don't care what you think about her!" I yelled, stopping in my tracks and turning on her.

"I haven't seen my daughter in nearly seventeen years! How should I know what she's like or how she acts? I don't have to know any of that though to love her every single second of my existence. If I didn't love her I wouldn't be here." I snapped.

Janes eyes widened. 

"Bite me." I growled and stalked away to my chambers.

My rooms are nice, dark though, just like everything else in this god forsaken place. I made my way to my walk in closet, found the box I was looking for, and sat on my king sized bed.

I slowly lifted the lid of the box and smiled at its contents.

My little Elizabeth's baby pictures and other small things from my former life before the Volturi. I found my favorite picture of us together and smiled. I live for these little moments, where I can smile and enjoy my time. Moments where I feel a little closer to my sweet baby girl...who isn't a baby anymore.

I sometimes wonder if she ever forgave me for leaving her, but she was loved so deeply by Renee and Charlie I'm sure she was never lonely.

Flashback

"It is either you or the child young one!" Aro laughed at me from across the meadow.

Elizabeth cried out behind me, sidetracking Aro momentarily.

"So you're saying that if I don't join you...you'll kill her? But if I do join you...you'll leave her alone? How does that make any sense?" I cried, shielding my infant daughter behind me.

"Your loyalty for her life." He smiled a chilling smile that could be compared to a serial killers.

"Okay, it seems I don't have a choice then."
I cried a little.

End

"My loyalty for your life." I sighed, absentmindedly rubbing her picture.

"Isabella! Training! Now!" Felix beat on my chamber doors, bringing me out of my reverie and back to my hellish reality.

*************************************

Elizabeth POV
A few weeks later
     June 20

"Happy birthday Dad!" I cheered, throwing my arms around him.

"Thank you darling." He laughed, spinning me in a circle.

"So...the big 115?" I smiled.

"Yes, that's correct. Just so you know birthdays, besides yours of course, aren't that special to us anymore." He sighed.

"Well, that has to change!" I gasped, shocked entirely.

"Elizabeth, darling, it's not really a big deal. Especially since none of us have a real birthday anymore." He laughed as I pulled him into the dinning room.

"What's this?" He asked, gesturing to the large wrapped present on the table and our family standing around smiling like crazy.

"It's a birthday present. You know...it's a present you get...on your birthday."

"Yeah yeah, smarty pants." He laughed and shook my shoulder.

"Come on! Just open it!" I giggled, pulling him over to the table and to his present.