Stay

So i decided to post this story on here as well as on my Quotev account, so don't worry if you see it on there too :)

This is my first story on here so I hope it's not a bad first impression.

Disclaimer: i don't own Kuroshitsuji/Black Butler

I listened to the song at the top while writing this, just in case you want to listen to it as well :)

I hope you like it

"Stay, please."

They were the last words he had spoken to her, but she ignored his wish, she had to go, it was her job. She needed to protect the ones she called family, even if it meant leaving him behind.

She loved him more than anyone else at the circus. She didn't care about his appearance; she didn't mind the few patches of scales. She loved him because he was so kind to her and because he always brought a smile to her face. So leaving him was a hard choice, but nevertheless it was one she had to make.

She hadn't anticipated it would be the wrong choice.

She took in a deep breath, the smell of gunpowder still fresh in the air. Her family was gone now, Dagger, Jumbo, Peter and Wendy, and probably Joker too. All of them, except her and Beast. The ones they had come to destroy were staring down at them like they were vermin that needed to be gotten rid of. Yet there was an almost sympathetic look in their eyes.

It didn't change anything. She turned to Beast, a look of sadness in her eyes. There was nothing they could do; she knew there was no escape, not for them. Part of her believed they deserved this, for all the crimes they had committed, all the good, innocent people they murdered and the children they kidnapped, all in the name of family. Another part wished she could go back, protect the ones she loved a different way, not through crime. But it was too late.

The enemy lit the match, the flame grew closer and so did death. Slowly she closed her eyes, accepting the inevitable, a solitary tear slipped from her eye, rolling gently down her cheek. It seemed like her life flashed before her, a small smile graced her features, as her last thoughts were of the one she loved the most.

She had sworn to herself, once she returned she would tell him how she felt, and she would never leave him again. She only hoped that he would return her feelings, perhaps then the two of them could be happy together. The thought had made her nervous since she had no way of knowing if he would return her love. But she wanted to tell him, she needed to tell him.

And in her final moment the last part of her wished only one thing. That she had listened to snake, that she had stayed with him. And as the searing flames engulfed her body she thought of only one thing.

She never did get the chance to say she loved him.