Chapter 1//Hunter William

Lacey Lancaster played by: Emily Rudd.

Pictured above or to the side!

________________________________

I feel my whole body shake a little and I peel my eyes open. My small room is filled with sunlight and I grab my vibrating phone.

'Who dare call me at this hour?' I think to myself as I answer.

"Hello?" I ask, my voice groggy and sand-paper-like. Ugh, morning voice isn't very attractive.

"Don't tell me you were sleeping." I hear Claire, my best friend since 6th grade, say into the voice.

"I wasn't sleeping." I lie as I throw my large, fluffy, white, warm covers. The cold air hits me and I shiver as goosebumps spread across my legs and arms like a disease.

"Mhm," Claire says, not falling for my lies one bit. "Well, get your butt up and head to the beach with me."

"The beach?" I ask as I head to the bathroom and look at what I'm working with. My long , straight brown hair is in a halo of frizz, surrounding my head. My blue eyes are useless so I put in my contacts carefully.

"The beach." She confirms. "It's the start of summer. We need to party!"

"I have no one to party with." I say, not sadly though. I'm fine with not partying. Actually, I would take anything over partying.

"You have me and Charlie." Claire says hopefully. I twist my mouth. "We can go to the beach and hang out...get ice cream."

"Don't try to lure me in with ice cream!" I laugh out.

"Chocolate with caramel sauce..." I can practically see the big smile on Claire's face. I can't help but smile too.

"Fine!" I playfully-groan. "I'm only going for the ice cream."

"You know you love me." Claire says sweetly. I grab my baby pink bathing suite.

"Yeah yeah, see you in a bit."

________________________________

Charlie and I sat under the shade of our rainbow umbrella licking our ice cream as the cold sea foam touched the tips of our toes.

"This summer is going to be the best." Charlie says as he licks the ice cream dripping down his waffle cone. "We need to have fun."

"I need to get a job Charlie." I groan as I throw my head back, the tips of my wet hair hitting the powder sand. "If I don't, I can't pay for my plane ticket to Hollywood."

"You still have your mind set on being an actress?" Charlie says quizzically. I nod a little as I slurp up caramel. I've known Charlie since the day we were born. Literally. Our parents met in the hospital the day they both gave birth to us. Ever since then, we have all been best friends.

"I'm doing duel enrollment, so yeah." I say. "It's my dream Charles."

"I know." He says, but his voice sounds sad. "Maybe you will meet Hunter."

"Who?" I ask as I push my sunglasses down to the bridge of my nose.

"Hunter Williams." He says as he looks at me. "The biggest actor and singer in the world."

"Never heard of him." I say as I start bring my cone.

"You really have been living under a rock." He jokes. I shrug.

"I do like rock and roll." I say as I elbow him in the ribs. He glares at me for the bad joke but we both end up laughing. Charlie looks at his phone and puckers his lips.