Chapter 11: Crushed

Start from the beginning

          “Ran away?” I asked him.

          “No, Desmon’s room smelled like rotting meat, we didn’t want to go in there. One day our father went in there, it was not pretty. Body parts were all over the room. The intestines were on the ceiling fan, eyeballs in a jar, nails in a small box, it was a scary sight.”

“So he killed more than one thing?” I gulped

”I guess so, unless dogs have a hidden four eyes…”

          “Sorry, continue if you want.” I saw him tense up more.

          “Umm, well our cousin stayed over for a weekend and he slept in Desmon’s room, he ended up in a hospital. We had no idea what to do with him so we took him to a therapist and he had nothing to do with him but put him into a mental hospital. Desmon went missing before we could take him. We never saw him again…”

          “Im sorry…I can understand why you want revenge against them.” I looked away from his foggy eyes. His clear blue eyes turned dark and his fingers were flexing repeatedly.

          “They took him and tortured him, changed his DNA, murdered who he was…” He rested his head in his hands and started rubbing his hands through his hair.

          “Erick…you will see him again, I saw him.”

          “What did he do? Kill someone? Question you?” He hissed at me through gritted teeth.

          “He…he umm….he killed Jasper, Paige’s brother.” I sighed and stood up and walked around the fountain. Erick put his head in his hands again and breathed loudly. The sky darkened and more stars appeared and the water made echo’s though the maze and it gave a quiet spooky feeling to the large hedge maze.

          “I don’t think we can win Axel…” Erick said.

          “We can, and we will, we just have to rid the world of them before more people get hurt, or before they take over.”

          “You saw that girl in the lobby, she didn’t see it coming! They will kill anything that moves!” He jumped up and turned to me and grabbed onto my shoulders, “I don’t want any more death!”

          “Oww…Erick that hurts.” He was holding onto a bruise my father gave me.

          “Sorry…” He loosed his grip, “I don’t know what Im talking about, “There may be death, and everyone knows that…sorry.”

          “Its fine, it’s just that I have a bruise there.” I rubbed my shoulder.

          “Let me see how bad it is.” Erick touched my shoulder once more.

          I took of my suit jacket and undid a few buttons and showed him my shoulder, it was a large purple bruise that covered most of my shoulder, and the color was so deep it was almost black.

          “Who did that? Was it Desmon?” He ran his hand over it and made me wince.

          “No… It was from the guns at the shooting range?”

          “You were using a pistol Axel, you can’t fool me.”

          “Umm…When I was at my mansion a book fell on me.” I made a face when he rested his hand on my shoulder. He had rough hands and long fingers. He pulled my shirt back over my shoulder and buttoned it back up and I pulled on my jacket.