Josh Jordan and the Pharaoh's Rage

It was midnight in Egypt. A few kilometers away from the Great Pyramid of Giza, there was an isolated house, in which a teenage boy tossed and turned on his bed.

He was having a terrifying nightmare, in which he dreamed that he was battling an evil creature who wore black cloak. This nightmare would foreshadow the horror that the boy would live that night, where he would face the pharaoh's rage!

The boy's name was Josh Jordan. He was fourteen years old, but looked a lot younger. He was tall, skinny, and very smart. He had brown hair, light-brown eyes, and glistening white teeth. He was born and raised in the United States, but had moved to Egypt because of his father's job.

His dad was Dr. Robert Jordan, a famous American archaeologist, known worldwide for his astonishing discoveries on ancient technology.

After Josh's mother had passed away, he and his father had come to Egypt, where Dr. Robert Jordan had to study the Great Pyramid of Giza to find his greatest discovery yet. While his father worked, Josh studied in a public high school in Cairo, Egypt.

Josh woke up from his nightmare, screaming. It had ended right when the cloaked figure had had a knife over Josh's head, and was laughing in triumph. Josh discovered that he was drenched in sweat, and for the first time in a very long time, he felt truly alone and afraid.

It was late at night, but Josh decided to go outside to get some fresh air. He quickly got dressed, putting on a sweater and blue jeans. As he was leaving his room, he discovered a small metal box on the floor. When he opened it, he found a small blue steel rod. "Another of Dad's discoveries," Josh sighed.

Josh decided to take the rod outside with him, and just as he was about to try it out, he saw a faint white light entering the pyramid. Josh found himself involuntarily following this strange light. As if in a trance, he couldn't seem to be able to go back to his home.

When he entered the pyramid, there was a tremendous cave-in near the entrance, and he was trapped inside. Josh didn't even seem to notice the cave-in, as he was still hypnotized by the light, which brightened his path through the dark pyramid.

He chased it through three entwining hallways and down a steep flight of steps. Finally, when he reached the last step, it vanished, leaving him dazed. He found himself in a brightly illuminated dead end to the hallway. Josh, as if just realizing he was trapped, screamed, but was quickly silenced with a smack across the head.

"Ow!" Josh said. He turned to find his high school classmate, Sophie Silva, glaring at him angrily. She had black hair, emerald eyes, and was a few inches taller than Josh.

"What are you doing here, Josh?" asked Sophie, annoyed.

"I saw a bright light entering the pyramid, and I involuntarily followed it inside," replied Josh.

"Hey, that's exactly what happened to me!" she exclaimed. "Do you know what that light was?"

Josh answered with the truth, "No, I have no idea what it was." "Hey, what's that on the wall?" she asked.

They both turned to find a small knob on the wall blocking their path, and when Josh pushed against it, the wall opened to reveal a hidden passage lit by torches.

"Yes! We aren't trapped anymore!" exclaimed Sophie, and she hugged Josh. He started to blush almost instantaneously.

"Hey Josh, do you see something next to that torch behind you?" Sophie asked as she let go of him, trying to suppress a grin.

"Yes," he said, "it looks like an arrow pointing straight ahead."

As they started to follow the arrows on the wall, Josh suddenly looked at the floor a few yards in front of them.