Chapter 11

Karan's POV

We reached home after about an hour due to amazing Delhi traffic.

"It's very late Sona, you can stay over tonight" Ash offered Sonali.

"Umm okay I guess I'll stay" she said a little 'I feel like a pile-on' tone.

We entered the house and the first thing I did was ask Ashna about the sleeping arrangements.
"So Ash, what are the sleeping arrangements?"

"What's wrong bhai? We sleep in our own rooms!" She said as if I asked her something offensive.

"And Sonali?"

"Guest room, bhai." Oh.
Just then I noticed that I had my fingers crossed behind my back. I straightened them quickly and turned towards the grand stairway leading up to the bedrooms.

Our house is circular, so mine and Ashna's rooms are on either side of the large circular gap in between, which is actually the lobby on the ground floor.

The guest room where Sonali was staying was between our rooms, again around the railing. So basically, Sonali's room was closer to my room than Ashna's room. Confusing, I know.

I walked into my room and turned on the lights before I let out a huge sigh. I took my jacket off and landed straight on my comfy old bed.

I shut my eyes, and the only things I could see were another lovely pair of eyes. They opened in slow motion and just like a Hindi saas-bahu serial, my gaze shifted down slowly to the wonderfully arched nose. The features looked very familiar, I just needed another clue to trace who this person was.

My eyes drifted further below and I saw the most lovely plump pink lips. I could admire them all day, but then the realisation hit me.

It was Sonali.

Fuck!

I opened my eyes quickly and shot up in bed. I got up lazily and walked to my bathroom to freshen up. I was sure I was too tired and was seeing things.

I changed into a very comfy pair of boxers. Aahhhh!

I usually don't wear a t-shirt at home as I believe I'm too hot for that. Kidding. It's comfy to be shirtless. And I'm hot too. Yes.

I came back into my room and lay down again. I got into the cool covers in bed and shut my eyes again.

I was sitting in my sofa and watching a movie in my national dress (boxers). Just then a very beautiful lady came and kissed my cheek gently.

"I love you" I heard her say.

"I love you too" I replied.
She joined me on the couch and I looked into her mesmerising brown eyes. Jut before I leaned in to kiss her, I realised that they were the same beautiful brown eyes haunting me.

Sonali's eyes.

I shot up in bed again, gasping for air. Why was this happening to me? I miserably got out of bed and walked half-heartedly to my bedroom door.

I found my way to the pantry and picked up a bottle of water. Those intoxicating pair of eyes caused the water to fall all over my bare body.

I kept the bottle back in the refrigerator and walked out of the pantry. I kept walking unknowingly until I bumped into a familiar figure.

I jumped back in reflex and started screaming loudly as if I had seen a ghost.

"Aaaahhhh! AAAAAAAAAAA! Ahh-"
Before I continued, a hand crept up on my mouth, muffling my screams.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?!" Came a voice from beautiful plump lips.

Sonali's lips.

"I'm sorry" I said, looking down.

"Ya ya it's okay. Go to sleep man" she said.

I nodded and walked back to my room.

I lay in bed and saw the same brown eyes.

I opened my eyes again and sat up.

Naina nu pata hai
Naina di khata hai
Saanu kis gal di phir
Mildi sazaa hai

Neend ud jaave, chain chhad jaave
Ishq di faqeeri jad lag jaave
Neend ud jaave, chain chhad jaave
Ishq di faqeeri jad lag jaave.

My ears were blasting.

Ae mann karda ae thagi thoriya
Ae mann karda ae seena zoriyan
Aine sikh laiyan dil diyan choriyan
Ae mann diyan ne kamzoriyan (x2)

Aa...

I lay down sideways with one ear to the bed and the other covered by a fluffy pillow held tightly.

Mann mann ki sunta jaaye
Sunta nahin mann waalon ki
Mann hi mann mein banaye
Duniya ek khayaalon ki..

Paas koi aave, door koi jaave
Hota hai kyun ye, koi samjhaave

Neend ud jaave, chain chhad jaave
Ishq di faqeeri jad lag jaave

By now, I had lost it and I was throwing things on the floor. I noticed that my clock was crushed into pieces and my flower vase was broken and shattered.

Ae mann karda ae thagi thoriya
Ae mann karda ae seena zoriyan
Aine sikh laiyan dil diyan choriyan
Ae mann diyan ne kamzoriyan (x2)

Naina nu pata hai
Naina di khata hai
Saanu kis gal di phir
mildi sazaa hai

Neend ud jaave, chain chhad jaave
Ishq di faqeeri jad lag jaave

I was frustrated to the fullest by now and was breathing heavily. I felt like a psycho.

Ae mann karda ae thagi thoriya
Ae mann karda ae seena zoriyan
Aine sikh laiyan dil diyan choriyan
Ae mann diyan ne kamzoriyan (x2)

I looked up and tilted my head in all angles to realise that the music was over. I could finally sleep in peace. I washed my face with chilled water and lay down again.

Brown eyes. Sonali's eyes. Again.

I got up again and this time, took a very heavy sleeping pill which is actually considered as a drug. I had no other option.

I finally slept in peace and didn't remember a thing.

So guys! Liked the chapter?? I swear the story will now get very interesting. How're you liking it so far? Any requests?!

Also guys how many of you saw Dilwale? Don't you just love the couples!?

Don't be silent readers!

Vote and comment!

Stay tuned, I'll update soon!

Toodles!

Xoxo