Part 5

I tried to distance myself from Ethan in the car and barely spoke to him.

"Are you really going to make me look for you at the dance?" He asked.

"Of course I am." I replied.

"I don't think that's fair." He said.

"I don't think that with you playing mind games with me is fair, but you don't see me complaining." I shoot back.

He sighed.

"I'm not playing games with you Elle." He replied.

"Yes you are, Ethan."

" Ever since you kissed me that's all you've been doing. You're ashamed to be seen with me, too."

I answered.

"If I were ashamed of you then I would be making you keep your head down while I'm driving roght now Elle." He replied.

"Okay, what about pulling me into the closet?"

" What the hell do you call that?"
I asked and he stayed quiet.

"That's what I thought." I said as he pulled up next to my house.

"I'm not ashamed of you. It's just-"

"someone like me doesn't talk to someone like you. I get that no need to repeat yourself, Ethan."

"I understand."

I cutted him before I opened the car door and stepped out of the car.

"That's not what I was going to say." He replied and got out of the car as well.

"The only other thing to say is that you're embarrassed of me, Ethan."

" I'm a nerd and you're the popular."

" I understand. I just don't understand why now, after three years, something's off with your attitude towards me."

" I'm the same person as I've always been."

" They're nothing special about me. I sit in a room and listen to music while reading my books and do my homework just like every other person and just because I'm not popular like the reat of you, you guys can just go and shut me out and bully me."

I answered as I walk up to my door.

"But, Elle, I wasn't going to say that either." He replied

"Yes it you are."

" I'm doing you a favor, Ethan."

"I know what you're about to say and I also know how this is going to end."

If something does happen you'll break my heart and I'll hate you forever Ethan." I answered.

"You don't hate me now?" He asked.

"Honestly, Ethan. No. I don't hate you."

"I should, but I'm not like you. I don't  go around hating on everyone who has flaws and not perfect." I replied as I opened my door.

"Then let me say what I've wanted to say for a week now." He said.

"No, Ethan."

" I don't care whatever it is that coming out from your mouth. "

"You're just going to hurt me in the end."

I replied before shutting the door.                                                                                                                                                        
                   *Ethan's P.O.V.*

I stood by Curt and Charlie while they talked to some girls. My eyes scanned through the crowd looking for the face that I'm longing to see.

"Ethan, where's your mask?" Charlotte whispered in my ear.

She's the most popular girl in school and but can never be like Elle.

I put on my grey silk mask and Charlotte smile.

"You still look hot." She said.

"Bro, look at her." I heard Curt say.

I looked up and see a girl walk through the doors with another girl.

She's wearing all black and her dress is pretty tight showing off her beautiful figure. Her hair was curled loosely and pulled back a little. Her black mask is making her look more mysterious.

"Who is that?" Curt asked me.

"I have know idea." I answered.

"She looks hideous." Charlotte said.

"Like you look better. Who wears a puffy pink dress to a masquerade ball?" Charlie said making Charlotte huff.

"She's hot." My friend Daniel said.

"Yeah,She's beautiful." I agreed.

"You think that is beautiful? She looks disgusting." Charlotte asked.

"Shut up." We all said in unison.

"I have to talk to her." I said

. She walked down on the floor and turned her head. We made an eye contact for a moment before she looked away.

Minutes went by and I kept my eyes on her the whole time until I finally walked over to her.

"Would you like to dance?" I asked her.

She turned around and smiled.

"I would love to." She replied.

Her voice reminded me of Elle in someway because it sounded very similar to hers, but then I thought that there's no way Elle would have dressed like this.

"You look very beautiful." I complimented her as we began to waltz around.

"Thank you. You don't look too bad either." She answered and smile.

I let my hand fall down to her waist. We danced for what seemed like an hours until I finally had to know who was hiding behind the mask.

"So, are you going to take off the mask so I can see your face?" I asked.

"I don't know. Are you going to take yours off?" She replied.

"Only if you take yours off." I answered.

She smiled.

"I'm taking mine off." She replied.

I decided I would take mine off.

"Well, then I guess I'll just take mine off so you know who I am." I answered.

I slowly took off the mask and the moment I let my hands down and she gasped.