Prologue

Jade wiped the bar tables glumly. She hated working at a crappy tavern. She wanted to do more than serve drunk middle aged men with beer bellies and bad breath. She wanted to explore the world!

She had so uh more potential. But because she slacked off in her schooling as a ignorant teenager, the only job she could find was either working at a bar, or working as a maid, and she would not be a maid.

Andrew, Jade's boss, walked up to her, "I'm leaving, Jade." He said " Lock up when you're done."

"Okay." She sighed.

Andrew smiled and left. As soon as he did, Jade looked at her reflection on the sleek black table. A tear trickled down her face. How she hated her life! How she wished she could go back and fix the stupid mistakes she made as a rebellious teenager! How she wanted any life but her own!
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
Mr. Jones walked into his classroom, and all the girls immediately say straighter in their seats. Mr. Jones rolled his eyes. He was used to that behavior from the ladies.

"Hello, class." Mr. Jones said

"Hello, Professor Jones." The gals cooed.

"Today, we will be talking about-"

A girl in the front row raised her hand.

"Oh, yes, Miss-" Mr. Jones then realized that there was something written on the palm of her hand. He squinted, trying to read it. It read: Mrs. Indiana Jones.

Mr. Jones gulped "Today, we will be talking about hieroglyphics. Hieroglyphics can be-"

There was a knock at the door. Marcus Brody was standing on the other side "May I speak with you, Professor Jones?"

I nodded "Excuse me, class."

A few girls sighed sadly, but no one else complained.

Mr. Jones walked out into the hallway with Marcus.

"There's someone who wish to speak to you." Marcus said "He says he's from Egypt, and that he's heard how good of an archeologist you are. He's interested in hiring you."

"Great. Where is he?"

"He's outside. Follow me."

He and Mr. Jones walked out into the pavilion, and saw a Middle Eastern man waiting for him.

"Mr. Indiana Jones!" The man said "It's so good to meet you! I'm Abubakar Amun."

"Hello, Mr. Amun. What can I do you for?"

"I have a job for you. Have you heard on the tomb of King Tut?"

"Of course."

"Well, I was going to go into the tomb, but then I decided to hire someone more... professional to do the job."

Mr. Jones smiled "So you're saying you need me to go into King Tut's tomb?"

"Yes. I need you to locate the king's mummified body and bring some evidence back to me, some proof that you were actually there. And..."

"And?"

"And I've heard that the Ancient Egyptians have cast some sort of enchantment on the mob, keeping any intruders out. If you could find out how the magic works, that would be a bonus on your paycheck."

"Speaking of pay, how much are we talking here?"

Mr. Amun raised an eyebrow "How does $1,000,000 sound?"

Mr. Jones held out his hand immediately "It's a deal."

The two shook hands, and the deal was set.