Chapter 18

*Mia's POV*

As he tickled me to death I kicked and thrashed everywhere, attempting to get the hell out of his grip. I resorted to the only other option I had. So, I tickled him back. And overpowered him. And eventually we both collapsed on my bed, completely winded and still partially laughing together. "Damn, every other time I've tried tickling the other pastas they just got pissed and stabbed me or something. Literally," he said. I laughed and poked his face, then got up and regained my sense of self. I cleaned my mess of snacks and zoned out, standing in the middle of my bedroom staring straight forward at my TV. Quickly I snapped out of it and shook my head a bit, a headache now pulsing through my head. I regained my composure and looked at BEN, smiling. I quickly bolt out the door, only to be chased by BEN, and run down the hallway, down the stairs, and out the door. I guess my long legs were no match for his, because soon I lost him and was hiding behind a tree waiting to scare him. I tried silencing my breathing and listened closely for any footsteps that could be heard from the crunching of the leaves. I mean sure, people out here knew how to mask the sound of their footsteps, but I have pretty damn good hearing. I heard soft crushing of leaves maybe a few feet away, and peeked out
from behind the tree. My ears didn't deceive me, but whoever I heard sure as hell wasn't BEN. I rolled my eyes. 'This bitch again...,' I thought to myself. Surprise surprise, it was Zelda. Will she ever give it up? I silently step out from behind the tree, controlling my breathing. My vision is immediately sharpened, and I can see almost all of my surroundings crystal clear.  I smile and realize how scared she might be when she sees me... a tall, pale, slender girl, capable of releasing tendrils that can easily tear her apart without effort. My smile widens and I walk up behind her, looming over her and casting a shadow. When she spotted the shadow was when she finally realized I was there, and she slowly turned around and looked up at me. She looked into my eyes without fear, but I could tell she was trembling and was trying to stay calm as much as physically possible. "Well well well, look what those monsters made of you..." she grimaced. I glared at her, not breaking eye contact. "They are not monsters...and if they are, then I'm one of them," I said firmly. She rolled her eyes and giggled, giving an excuse to look away from me, if only for a moment. "You did not heed my warning...you should've gotten out of that mansion when you had the chance. Soon they'll turn on you, and before you know it, it'll be too late." I scoffed and crossed my arms. "Like I said before, I can take care of myself. Now screw off before I kill you." She turned and ran off, occasionally tripping on her dress. I shrink myself down a bit, to about 5'5" or somewhere around there, and stroll around the woods, looking for BEN. Eventually, I found him near a clearing, leaning against a tree playing his 3DS. I smile and quietly walk over to him from behind. I pull out my knife and gently poke the back of his neck with it. "Boo," I whisper in his ear. He jumps a bit and tries to stand, but fails and ends up tripping over himself and falling over. I laugh and help him up. "Hey, that wasn't funny!" he pouts. "You made me lose my game..." I laugh even harder that all he cares about is dying in his game. "Oops." He sighs and turns off his game, putting it away. "I tried chasing you, but I couldn't find you, so I gave up and started playing my game," he explains. "Well I ran into Zelda again," I put emphasis on the word 'again'. His pointy ears turn pink and he glares into the distance. "I should've killed her when I had the chance..." he mutters. I shrug and sheathe my knife, and tell him what she said to me. "We may be cruel, but we don't turn on our own..." he mutters something more under his breath that I couldn't make out. Maybe something more about Zelda? I didn't care to ask. "We should head back, dinner is in a few hours," I said. "Plus, I need to train," I add. He nods and we walk back to the mansion in silence.

*Time skip to the mansion brought to you by an annoyed Princess Zelda*

We walk into the house and he runs up to his room, leaving me in the foyer. I sigh and walk down the hall and upstairs, only to be grabbed by the arm and dragged into Jeff's room. It was only then that I realized I've never been in Jeff's room before. I quickly take a look around. The walls are a plain white apart from red splotches spattered randomly on them. The furniture is all stained black, and he has a display of knives. His bedding is plain white as well, but I guess Slenderman bleaches it quite often, considering that there's no visible red. "What's the big idea, Jeff?" He attempts to contain himself for once, and looks like he's straining himself. "If you had the choice between having your dead brother back or keeping your best friend, what would it be..." I give him a confused look. He shoots a deadly look at me. "Just answer," he says firmly. "Keeping my best friend...if my brother were dead, then he's exactly where he's supposed to be...bringing the dead back never turns out well with the laws of life." He pauses. "Bu-" I interrupt him. "Yes, I know that you're the one who killed him. It still applies...because he's dead for a reason...and that's where his soul is accustomed..." He looked like he'd been shot in the heart. "I know it's hard, Jeff..." I look down, and after a moment of pondering, I step closer to him and wrap my arms around him. He hesitates, but slowly raises his arms and wraps them around me. I guess it's been a long while since he's received a hug... I slowly rub his back and try to comfort him. I slightly feel tears falling onto my shoulder. I didn't know he was capable of crying...his eyes are burned open, for fuck's sake. I hug him tighter and allow him to let it out. He must still be beating himself up over killing his brother,  as if he could actually help it. Hard to believe that behind such a chill, psychotic image, he still has a small soft side. During the few minutes that we spent standing there, hugging one another, I ended up not only questioning him, but questioning myself as well. When he finally let go, I wiped his face wet with tears with my sleeve and moved his hair away from his face. Even through his carved smile, I could still see him weakly straining to frown. I looked into his eyes and smiled gently at him. "It'll be alright, Jeff. I'm here if you ever need someone to cry on. I understand." He stopped trying to force his lips into a frown and a smile crept onto his cheeks. "Thank you, Mia...same goes to you." I gave him another hug, pecked him on the cheek, and left his room.

*Author's Note*

Mwahahahaha I'm so evil for not updating in forever. Oops...? Anyways I hope this is satisfactory for some of you, I'm trying, okay? I saw the demand for an update so I knew I couldn't continue being a disappointment. Thank you for reading!

~ABloodySmile