Twelve - Cross Hoops

Start from the beginning

"As much as I hate doing things that make you unhappy pumpkin, its sort of my day today. And you're supposed to do things that'll make me happy."

"But-but rollercoasters." I was literally panicking even though we were basically seventeen and nineteen year olds getting on an amusement park ride. And I was pretty sure I was shitting my shorts.

"Can I at least go home and change? I'm still in my school clothes you know."

Aiden, as if noticing for the first time, looked down at me, finally shrugging as he moved to buckle me in. "No can do sweetheart. And it looks fine anyways, I like seeing your legs." He finished with a wink.

I frowned, closing my eyes as the thing started moving lazily. "This is a bad idea Aiden."

I felt him take my hand, squeezing it reassuringly. "Don't worry, I'll protect you."

And that was when we whooshed down; with me screaming like it was the end of the world – which it probably was, because I was going to be unconscious by the end of this ride.

Aiden may have taken a selfie, I wasn't sure – I didn't really care. Because I was too busy saying my last prayers.

---

"Seriously. Delete that picture Aiden. It's not even funny." I whined grumpily for the umpteenth time.

Aiden laughed, staring at his phone. "I love it. You look so cute."

I disagreed. My mouth was wide open and my eyes closed as I was probably screaming for my life whilst he took the picture.

"I'm so posting this."

"Aiden. Seriously." I didn't like this joke. At all.

He stuck out his tongue at me, stuffing his phone into his pockets. "Request number three!"

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever."

"Say pancakes are better than waffles."

I narrowed my eyes. "You won, wasn't that enough?"

"Nope, it doesn't really satisfy me less you say it."

I sighed, rolling my eyes. "Fine. Pancakes are better than waffles."

Aiden smiled, "It was only a matter of time before you admitted it pumpkin."

"I didn't admit anything – I just said that 'cause 'it's your day'. And stop with the pumpkin. That was Sunday."

I was met with silence as he just stared at me. Stupid Aiden – stupid kiss, stupid, stupid everything!

I cleared my throat, "So, um, what's your fourth wish? The faster we do this, the better, remember?" I said, laughing, damn could I have been anymore awkward?

Aiden stared at me, blue orbs searching me like he could read straight right through my soul and know all the deepest darkest secrets that lay within.

"Let's go get ice-cream!"

---

"Five things about you." Aiden stated plainly, sticking a large spoonful of chocolate chip ice-cream in his mouth.

I raised my brow. "Five? Seems like it's your favourite number today."

He shrugged with a small smile. I pursed my lips, "Well, I don't see how this is necessary but I'll play. Um, let's see... my name's Adrianna, I'm seventeen, I like to watch old Disney shows for fun and I –"

Aiden cut me off with a laugh, shaking his head. "I mean stuff I don't already know about you. Like... what's your favourite junk food?"

I nodded, this could be easy. "Nutella,"