the ring/note

-
luke carefully went through michael's drawers.
he has no idea how he has the strength to even touch any of his things right now.
he softly puts all his shirts and pants in a pile before closing that drawer and opening his socks and underwear drawer. he placed the articles in a box and went to grab the last pair of underwear before he stopped.
underneath it was a box.
a ring box, with a note attached to it.
a suicide note.
"dear luke,
if you're reading this im sorry.
im so so sorry.
i never wanted to hurt you.
and i should've told you how i've always felt but i never had the strength.
maybe things would have turned out different.
but they didn't.
i love you so much luke, never, ever forget that, even though im gone.
and please remember me, even if you move on and find someone to make you happy, please, please remember me.
and listen to me closely, don't do anything stupid you lanky breadstick, or i'll haunt your ass."
luke let out what sounded like a sob but it was a laugh, and a sob.
"now if you're wondering about the ring box, yes, i was going to propose to you.
i hope that you would stay yes."
luke rolled his because of course he would say yes.
"maybe we could've grown old together.
i would've loved to have kids with you, wake up next to you for the rest of my damn life.
i love you so fucking much luke.
this isnt goodbye, this is see you later.
michael."
luke dropped to the ground, pulling his knees close to his chest and he silently sobbed.
luke swears he felt michael wrap his arms around him.
-