eulogy

(a/n) im so sorry ohmygod
-
"michael clifford was- is- the love of my life.
i still remember the first time i saw him.
and the first time we met.
i remember us becoming friends and i remember him asking me on a date.
i remember our first kiss.
and i remember michael asking me to be his boyfriend.
as much of a creep as it makes me sound, i painted michael, all the time, he was a masterpiece, my masterpiece.
i remember finding the pictures he took of me.
i remember our first fight.
i especially remember when i realized i was in love with him.
i remember our first time.
and that time michael was put in the hospital, the second thing he said to me when he woke up after three days was some corny pickup line.
i remember graduating college with him, he tried to tell me he was proud of me but i stopped him, because i was proud of us for making it that far.
and i remember moving into our apartment together.
'home is where the heart is.' is what he told me the night we found the right home. 'and my heart is always with you, luke.'
moving day for us had been absolutely hectic, well, mostly for me, i couldn't stop stressing.
but he stopped me and said, 'this is the beginning of our life together, smile.'
and i did."
luke's voice cracked as he tried to fight off tears, his throat was heavy but wanted to get through this.
"i only wish i had known that life would be cut short at only three years.
my only regret is not knowing, but then again, how could i have?
if i had known, i could've made those three better.
but god knows i loved michael.
i still love him, gone or not.
i poured my heart and soul into that boy and gave him everything i had and he did the same.
everyday was a new adventure with him and i loved every second of it.
i'm not saying we were perfect, we still fought, just like every other couple.
but it was just right.
michael was the light in my life and there was never a dull or dim moment.
he shined brightly and with him by my side i had galaxies in my eyes.
i miss him, i miss him so fucking much and i'd do anything to trade places with him right now.
but i cant, so that's why we're all here today, at michael's funeral.
i know that michael wanted to be remembered, not by the world, but by the people closest to him.
i hope you can all remember him, the way i have, the good memories and the bad, because i wouldn't trade a single memory with that boy for the world.
thank you."
luke finished his speech and away from the front of the crowd.
as he looked out all he saw were sad, lonely, empty eyes.
he wanted it to end.
-